Author Topic: Cross-draw holster?  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Duke

Cross-draw holster?
« on: March 16, 2007, 08:51:20 PM »
Hi, I was hoping someone can help me find a holster for my R9.  What I'm looking for is an outside the waistband, preferably attaching to my belt with a clip to easily take off and and put on, would generally be located above my left hand pocket (but closer to my center) for a right hand draw (is this a cross-draw?) but angled so it is comfortable and can be accessed while sitting.  Leather in construction.  Does this make sense?  Anyone already make one of these?  Thanks in advance for your help.
Duke

One45

Re: Cross-draw holster?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »
Ken Null makes some great holsters.  They have the Vampire
which is a cross-draw.  I didn't see if it is available for Rohr.
Try this: http://www.klnullholsters.com/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 10:46:01 PM by One45 »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 02:39:12 AM »
Almost all of the holster makers fabricate some kind of cross draw holster.  If it is not in their catalog, they should be able to build one no problem.

Some of them make two types:  one for a seated position, such as driving which can be taken off easily by way of snaps; then two,  a standard cross draw threaded by way of the belt, but can be snapped on or held on by paddle as well.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 12:20:03 AM »
I have a Kydex cross draw holster for a Glock that is great.
Does any one make a Kydex cross draw for the R-9?

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:23:09 AM »
Buy Brown Holsters made me the most beautiful Kydex paddle holster for my R9. I had him make it look like Carbon Fiber. The Holster is small and fits the R9 pefectly. I like it a whole bunch.
I use this holster or my RJ pocket holster. Dave made me a Kydex pocket holster that I don't use that often at all.

If you go for a Kydex cross draw, see if Dave Brown can make you one. I'd have to look up his contact info for you. I can bring the paddle holster with me to Las Vegas Duke.

Here's what I found to contact Dave,

http://www.buybrownholsters.com/

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:24:49 AM by chameleon »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:47:14 AM »
Bandera Gunleather produces its "Beltster" in a cross-draw configuration.

http://www.banderagunleather.com/about.htm
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 10:50:20 PM »
+1 on chameleon's comments.  I had a crossdraw in carbon fiber 'look' made for my R9S.  I told Dave Brown I wanted a cross draw holster for use in my car, so he gave it a bit more cant than normal.
The only complaint I have is the holster weighs next to nothing.  The gun weighs next to nothing.  In use, the whole rig is so unnoticeable it's easy to forget you have the thing on your belt.  Then it's all too easy to step out of your vehicle with the weapon unconcealed!  

Steve

Offline Duke

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 03:31:29 AM »
Thanks for all the good leads on the holster.  

Art, yes if you don't mind, please bring your paddle holster ...
Duke

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 10:15:43 PM »
No problem Duke, just realize that my Buy Brown Kydex paddle holster is not a cross draw. Beautiful just the same.

I agree how light the whole package is, and it is comfortable.

I will also have my RJ pocket holster.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »
I also have a "Beltster", not a bad rig. I have two holsters on one belt, one strong side, one cross draw.
 It is made for my Kimber.
The only drawback, and it is a small one, is it is difficult to reholster the firearm once you pull from the Beltster.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 10:58:54 PM »
I also have a "Beltster", not a bad rig. I have two holsters on one belt, one strong side, one cross draw.
 It is made for my Kimber.
The only drawback, and it is a small one, is it is difficult to reholster the firearm once you pull from the Beltster.

My "Belster" is strong side only and configured for my Colt 1911.  I almost opted for the dual configuration and may order one yet. It's a very innovative design that really works.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 11:06:16 PM »
I never thought of one for the R9 or the Seecamp.
Maybe an ambi model with that configuration.

I also have the spare mag carrier, and I will say I have a hard time sliding the mag carrier on because of the two holsters on the belt.