Author Topic: Offered by Eric C. Rohrbaugh ~ A 1980 Smith & Wesson Model 29-2 .44 Magnum 4"  (Read 1972 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Hello everyone,

I was sadly asked to offer to sell a very special sidearm for a close friend of mine. The first was the Rohrbaugh "Special Ops" R9S Pistol listed earlier. This second sidearm I have available is a Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum Magnaported 4” Barreled Revolver. Pinned barrel. Recessed cylinder. Target sights. The date of manufacture is 1980. The neat thing with this revolver is that when my friend purchased it, it needed to be gone over. At that time, we were in the business and were friendly with Smith & Wesson Performance Center’s Larry Flatley who oversaw the work for my friend’s Model 29. Neat history to have for such an iconic revolver! My friend used to carry this when he and his son would go to Pennsylvania and ride their quads through the trails. As many of you know, there are lots of bears in that part of the country, so that was the firearm he chose to carry on his belt for protection just in case one of those bears weren’t very friendly and were looking for “Meals on Wheels”!
Please look at the photographs here. You will notice that the rear sight has one of the blades slightly bent but still is usable. I can adjust for the part if necessary.

Price:  $875
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
A few more photographs.  Being real here.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
and lastly. . . . . .

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

A classic.  Gorgeous.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Thicker

Nice weapon....Well worth the money...

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Oh, sorry guys, I forgot about this ad.

The ole' gal has been sold.

Thanks for looking!