Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

Selling Consecutive Serial Number Set

(1/3) > >>

PhilZ:
There is a set of consecutive serial number Elites on Gunbroker, and it looks like the seller didn't reach his reserve price before he relisted them.  I wonder if he'd be better off splitting the set rather than trying to find a buyer for two Elites.  I have a set of Farmies I'm thinking about selling and I'll probably list them seperately.

ECR:
That's a tough call Phil. . . . . Whether to list them together or separate them.

I'm from the old school of thought I guess:

Offer them as a consecutive numbered "set" first so the enthusiast has an opportunity to, perhaps, pick up a collectible set.

If they do not sell as a set the first time out, then I would sell them individually the very next time around the selling block.

Anyone looking for a set, would be looking in earnest most of the time.

If not, set them up individually and let them rock & roll.   lol.

Just my thought on the topic anyway...……….

PhilZ:

--- Quote from: ECR on September 21, 2018, 03:49:53 PM ---That's a tough call Phil. . . . . Whether to list them together or separate them.

I'm from the old school of thought I guess:

Offer them as a consecutive numbered "set" first so the enthusiast has an opportunity to, perhaps, pick up a collectible set.

If they do not sell as a set the first time out, then I would sell them individually the very next time around the selling block.

Anyone looking for a set, would be looking in earnest most of the time.

If not, set them up individually and let them rock & roll.   lol.

Just my thought on the topic anyway...……….

--- End quote ---

Good advice.  Thanks

ECR:
You bet Phil.

Good night now...…..

BVGM76:
Hello - I am the owner of the pair of Elites with consecutive serial numbers.  The initial auction doesn't end until Sunday evening, so they haven't been re-listed.  This is the first time they have ever been offered together.  I actually bought them separately about 2 years apart and didn't realize they had consecutive serial numbers until I brought the second one home.  I agree with ECR and felt like I should initially offer them as a consecutive pair.    I owned an Elite that was serial number R2439.  I have also seen several sell recently in the 2700 range...including #2792.  If approximately 50-80 were made, it is obvious that the production run of Elites wasn't completely sequential.  I am curious if ECR recalls how many of the Elite run would have been in a block or sequential.  I am just trying to decide what to do if they do not hit the reserve.  I hate to break them up if this is a truly rare occurrence.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version