Author Topic: Just bought a ED BROWN Kobra Carry Stainless .45  (Read 7543 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Just bought a ED BROWN Kobra Carry Stainless .45
« on: October 06, 2014, 05:05:16 PM »
I just picked up an Ed Brown Kobra Carry Stainless .45. Unbelievable! The fit, finish and bling…beautiful. I did a lot of research on this firearm and the Brown family. They still own it, operate it, and run it…100%. No MIM parts, almost all parts mfg. in-house, and a lifetime warranty to the original owner and all future owners. I originally bought a Dan Wesson Valor V-BOB Stainless .45…another beautiful gun that is well respected…but something was missing…a little bit of bling. The EB has it all. Check out the pic.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ricardo

• Sharpshooter
Re: Just bought a ED BROWN Kobra Carry Stainless .45
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »
What a masterpiece. I know it's not the Christian thing to do but I'm lusting........ ;D

If I'm not mistaken, the DW Valor has EB internals.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!!

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 05:26:31 PM »
Lust is good….
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:10:45 PM »

Superb!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »
Still trying to get a pic to work.  This is my Ed Brown Special Forces in .45...a truly wonderful handgun.  Smooth, accurate, so well balanced that you really don't feel the slide moving when you fire it.  Wonderful trigger.

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »
That was my 2nd choice…a beautiful gun!

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »
I just thought of something…did I just buy another safe queen because it is so beautiful that I don't want to damage it by carrying it? I bought my R9 Cogan with the idea of carrying it, and that is now a safe queen. I have to admit that carrying a ported firearm for concealed carry worries me a bit.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 08:40:54 PM »
I just thought of something…did I just buy another safe queen because it is so beautiful that I don't want to damage it by carrying it? I bought my R9 Cogan with the idea of carrying it, and that is now a safe queen. I have to admit that carrying a ported firearm for concealed carry worries me a bit.

I agree with tracker and Karl:

"What the heck, all guns get scratched sooner or later."

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 08:44:04 PM »
A 1911 - still one of my favorites, and one of the best 'point and shoot' guns available

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 11:20:51 PM »
I do agree!  The full size 1911 would be my first choice for a first shot and follow-up shot at any reasonable distance if I could have one available and easily put in action.  Unfortunately, for most of us a smaller and less accurate weapon is necessarily the choice for carry daily.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 07:54:48 AM »
Now that's a gun!

As for carrying it, I believe in the old maxim, "A gun unused is a gun abused."  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MaddogR9

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 10:26:07 AM »
Nice Kobra.... Attached the picture of the three carry options I mentioned to you, along side my full size EB Custom Carry with the magwell and 8 round mag. I thought the size comparison would be interesting. 

Took off my wood grips on my Kobra carry the other day to try these with an aggressive grip texture. The wood grip look is a much nicer look....but this texture works better for me. 

If you look close at R9 you can see the wear from the Crossbreed holster at front of trigger guard.  What you can't see is the thickness diff as compared to the Glock 30S..... The Kobra carry feels small after handling the full size 1911.   R9is small!😎

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
Pretty dang nice assortment!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MaddogR9

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »
Thank you..... Nice Special Forces model.... I looked at it hard before I bought the Classic version.....couldn't go wrong with either model. Loved their triggers....  I enjoyed watching the Hickok45 YOUTUBE review of the Special Forces earlier this year...when he likes a firearm his excitement is obvious.  His video's on the Kobra Carry a few yrs ago were great as well.

Always wished Hickok45 had shot the Rohrbaugh......

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 11:29:42 PM »
So here is a question about carrying a 1911.

How do you fellows who carry one opt to carry? Hammer back or not?

All this reading about 1911's I got my ultra carry II and sig ultra compact out to the range today.

Who knows, with winter coming on I may give one a whirl. They were both very nice to shoot, 100% reliable and accurate.

When I started working out of the holster I just am not used to that hammer back with the light single action trigger.

Of course the 2 safety's are there for a reason.

On a seperate note, I got the Kimber out when I got home and was introducing my wife to a 1911 and showing her how the grip safety works (she is showing some interest in shooting) and low and behold the Kimber was firing off without the grip safety being depressed. I probably only have 100 rounds through that gun and never carried it, so to Yonkers we will go. Crazy, but that is a pretty critical safety IMO. Some striker fired pistols (shield) I never use the safety on, but a 1911 IWB I feel both safeties are critical.

Look forward to hear how you fellows carry anyway.

Beautiful ed brown. You actually have me looking at them online. What did ya have to give for it if you don't mind me asking cargaritaville? 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:19:14 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)