Author Topic: New Purchase: HK P2000SK 9mm  (Read 10442 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
New Purchase: HK P2000SK 9mm
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:11:18 PM »
I have to be very frank right now…I am tired of guns acting like the Chinese made them…disposable. I went to the range yesterday to shoot my Kimber Solo STS 9mm. Nope, didn't happen. Off to the factory it goes tomorrow.  It is brand new. When it gets back, it goes. Everything that I own that is even a hint of a problem or a possible future problem is going or is gone. I sold my R9S Cogan on GunBroker yesterday. I am nervous about future parts. Forget the warranty. Bye bye. Goodbye Kmber Solo, goodbye Seecamp .380 cutting my fingers and having enough kick to start my car. Goodbye Springfield XDS .45 with no personality and a case full of cheap plastic junk. I have a new attitude about guns. I will from now on only purchase the very best built guns that are proven to be winners. The HK that I just bought…incredible precision. Try to find a bad review…good luck. The HK forum…nothing but praise. LE loves it. I just bought an Ed Brown Kobra Carry .45. Try and find a bad review…good luck again. I intend on carrying the HK for my CCW. I don't care about looks, weight, or cost this time. I care about reliability…period. Reliability because someday my life and/or others with me may depend on my choice of firer, The HK will have a 13+ 1 with the ext mag. The Ed Brown is going to be my range enjoyment gun. I have sold a number of other firearms that I was not impressed with and turned that cash into quality pieces. Please don't think that I am being arrogant about this, I am just fed up with firearms that cannot be relied on. I am no longer into quantity, just quality.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: New Purchase: HK P2000SK 9mm
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:25:11 PM »
Good on you, mate; sounds like an excellent plan to me. I have often thought the same thing about the consolidation theory of decreasing quantity and increasing quality and reliability. You didn't mention Glock but it sounds like it would go into the plastic pile. Keep in mind that if you do have a problem with HK, I have three, that parts are scarce and it requires a round trip to the factory, not drop in parts like Glock. It sounds like you have found gun ownership freedom.

Do you have the V2 or the V3 trigger system?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:30:05 PM by tracker »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »
I went to my 1st meeting of "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore Anonymous". It was refreshing. ( Wasn't that a great scene? ).
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
I have the V3 DA/SA trigger.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 09:50:47 PM »
Posted by: cargaritaville
« on: Today at 09:11:18 PM » Insert Quote

I have to be very frank right now…I am tired of guns acting like the Chinese made them…disposable. I went to the range yesterday to shoot my Kimber Solo STS 9mm. Nope, didn't happen. Off to the factory it goes tomorrow.  It is brand new. When it gets back, it goes.

May I ask, what happened with the Solo?  I have had two and could not be more pleased.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 10:04:12 PM »
May I ask, what happened with the Solo?  I have had two and could not be more pleased.

It will not eject anything…Speer Gold Dots even!!!!!!!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »
I have had excellent success with my Kimber Solo.

1400+ rounds and NEVER failed to fire or eject a 124 or 147 gr round UNTIL it started to have fits. Then it wouldn't run anything without an issue. Went back to Kimber and it's 100% again.

Sounds like you are going closer to full size now. That should open up the door for finding a reliable pistol. I have seen some good reviews for the p2000sk. Neat looking gun. I don't know if I could transition smoothly from a striker fired pistol. I shoot my sigs ok, but they are DA/SA, and my first shot stinks.

I can say that I have been thinking about thinning my collection considerably too. I bought a lot of guns looking for the perfect carry weapon and I'm not sure I have arrived, but I have figured some things out. That's a good place to be for me.

For me the solo that is very reliable at going bang when the trigger is pulled fits that bill.

So does the G27 and XDS though.

I am struggling to put my nice 1911's in a holster with me for considerable time each day. But as they say, live and let live. Different strokes for different folks.

I will be interested to hear how carrying the H&K works out. It will be interesting to see if you have found CCW eutopia.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:27:53 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 08:55:02 AM »
I have owned and shot an H&K USPC in .40 for years.  It is completely reliable and accurate at 50 yards (from a rest) if I do my job.  I put night sights on it, and it now carries a small streamlight and is my bedside handgun with an extra mag beside it.  It is pretty much to heavy and bulky for comfortable carry or even, except in winter perhaps, for concealed carry however.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Svarog

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »
Great buy. Congrats on HK. I'm a big fan of HK firearms myself. Gosh they are just breed in my safe :D . Absolutely love em!! I have P2000SK LEM and its my EDC now for winter time. 

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 10:01:56 PM »
Great buy. Congrats on HK. I'm a big fan of HK firearms myself. Gosh they are just breed in my safe :D . Absolutely love em!! I have P2000SK LEM and its my EDC now for winter time.

How is the trigger if you are a person that likes striker fire pistols or 1911 trigger systems Savorg?

I am stuck on a Glock and can't seem to shoot any of my pistols as well. I do ok with a 1911, but am interested in the p2000sk. Just not sure about the trigger. Last sig I tried to use for CC with a DA/SA just isn't gonna happen compared to the Glock.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:24:48 PM »

I could have bought the LEM, but all 4 Gun Shop guys carried the V3/SA/DA because of personal preferences. What do I know?

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »

A few owners on the HK forum preferred the V3 DA/SA over the LEM. I don't recall the specifics but there were some complaints about the LEM.

Offline Svarog

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 10:14:01 AM »
Hi. I would like to quote a person from hkpro.com forum .
"..The difference is that the LEM is the DAO group but with an internal hammer which is cocked when the slide cycles. This translates to a different pull.....not only is it lighter, but unlike a DAO which is one consistent pull all the way through the pull stroke, the LEM will have a noticeable increase in trigger resistance right at the end since you need to compress the last bit of the mainspring before the shot breaks. So, it bears more resemblance in pull characteristics to the SA triggers on HK USP/P/HK45 series instead of an plain jane DA pull (whether DAO or the DA of a DA/SA gun).

It also has a much shorter reset than a plain jane DAO, which resets almost fully forward towards the resting position.

The easiest way to think of how an LEM feels compared to regular DAO is to imagine an HK single action trigger but with a long initial takeup like the DA..."
I will agree. Someone like DA/SA over the LEM (like my friend, his explanation...hi likes to have DA and SA in a gun) , someone LEM over DA|SA (like me ...I really don't care about DA\SA although I have few V3 variants ) / So I can't recommend which variant to buy/ You need to try and see for you self/
If You will not like your V3 variant in the future, you can install the LEM system on your gun . http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/63079-lem-installation-instructions.html
 As far as LEM trigger here is a video for LEM (but I'm sure members on a hkpro.com forum much more knowledgeable then me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXnNas1vJ78

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 05:24:08 PM »
My USPC in .40 was bought deliberately with the DA/SA option.  For a home protection handgun, I wanted a heavier initial trigger pull to help avoid accidental discharge during a stressful confrontation.  Once a round was fired, I wanted a lighter pull for follow-up shots...don't know what others think, but the concept makes sense to me.  I have had a couple of my 1911 .45's with 4.5# trigger pulls fire just as I had the front sight on target, but before I actually thought I was pressing the trigger; for target shooting it is nice to have the handgun fire itself on target to prevent flinch, but for carry that could be a problem...why I rarely carry an SA pistol cocked and locked now.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »

I agree with a heavier pull for self defense and have a very smooth 7 lb. NY trigger on a Glock 26 that serves the purpose. Something can also be said for a consistent trigger pull on every shot.