Author Topic: auto to second page  (Read 4158 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
auto to second page
« on: June 28, 2004, 11:55:10 PM »
Tech guy
When the posts go on to the second page, and a person  clicks on the topic, shouldn't the thread open to second page?  Makes it easier to follow.
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: auto to second page
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:11:53 PM »
With you there RJ .. it seems to default always to page #1!!  It seems to need like with VBulletin ... /newpost.php type of deal - and so ''find'' the latest not seen, regardless of what page.  maybe this cgi coded board does not give that facility?

The other thing - which I mentioned not long ago --- the ''new posts'' ... being limited to just ten .. will I fear outgrow itself as we grow .... and I want to try as much as poss' to stay on top  all new material.  Any chance that can be expanded to maybe 20 later on?  Or simply ''new posts'' ... regardless of numer on the day.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 06:24:46 PM »
Tech guy
When the posts go on to the second page, and a person  clicks on the topic, shouldn't the thread open to second page?  Makes it easier to follow.

I will look into this one, but no promises. That might take a major rewrite of the display code.

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 06:32:03 PM »
The other thing - which I mentioned not long ago --- the ''new posts'' ... being limited to just ten .. will I fear outgrow itself as we grow .... and I want to try as much as poss' to stay on top  all new material.  Any chance that can be expanded to maybe 20 later on?  Or simply ''new posts'' ... regardless of numer on the day.

This should be easier, I will look into it as well. Probably not the "days" posts, but can probably change the number from 10 to 20 or whatever.