Author Topic: Got my R9S today  (Read 3952 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Got my R9S today
« on: June 18, 2004, 08:09:37 PM »
Picked it up from my FFL and went to the range this morning.  WOW, what a well crafted pistol.  Perfect at the range with Gold Dot 124gr and accurate too.

Bought it through the Long Island Shooting Center.  I dealt with Mike, one of the partners , who went "above and beyond" to get me my R9S in a very short time.  His shop is one that I will do more business with in the future.  As of a few minutes ago he has an R9S in stock waiting for a good home.  Give him a call and you could have it by Monday.
http://www.lisc.net/

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 08:13:06 PM by MurrayNevada »

Offline pocketman

• Sharpshooter
Re: Got my R9S today
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:26:55 PM »
Cool.

Did you get a grey or stainless frame??

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 10:42:55 PM »
I got the silver one.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 02:03:36 PM »
Hi Murray:

Amazing gun isn't it?

Once you pick up a R9 or R9s, it is hard to keep your jaw from dropping. I have never handled a finer firearm, production or custom. Karl, Eric, and their investors and vendors who believed in their dream should be really proud of what they have produced.

The Rohrbaugh is worth every dime and then some. There is no doubt that it will become a cult gun. I am very happy to own SN 131. There is also no doubt, that I need to save up some more of my pennies because I want another R9s and a R9.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 04:20:59 PM »
George:
You are absolutely correct.  I have seen no finer pistol and own a few real good ones including an Ed Brown 1911.  Its diminutive size makes it look more finely crafted that any other I have seen.  It has been perfect through about 100 rounds of Speer Gold Dit 124gr.  I'm surprised by the accuracy and the fact that I am able to rather quickly aquire a good sight picture from the small sights of my R9S.  Absolutely no buyer's regret from this purchase.  

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 06:25:57 PM »
Seems the Rohrbaugh is already well on its way to being a cult pistol as George has suggested. I can't remember ever enjoying any pistol more. It's this great blend of production and custom; highest quality production parts which have then been carefully hand fitted.

The trigger continues to amaze me with its smoothness. If anything it is getting even smoother with use, or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

It must have taken a lot of discipline and self-control to take all the time necessary to make sure that every unit leaving the factory was top-notch.  I give the production team and qualilty assurance folks a lot of credit.