Author Topic: What is your Rohrbaugh story?  (Read 10827 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Re: What is your Rohrbaugh story?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 08:09:29 PM »
We all know the "antsy" feeling of waiting for our Rohrbaughs to arrive.  To alleviate this phenomena I spent the time purchasing holsters, ammo, new 9mm cleaning products (including a 1/16th brass punch that you will need for disassembly), and other misc. items.  This all cost quite a bit of money but it did help pass the time.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 08:42:18 PM »
Murray,

Which holster (pocket?) did you choose?
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 09:40:51 PM »
So far a Graham Maverick and Desantis Nemesis.  I'm about to order a Hedley Standard Front Pocket.  The Hedley looks as if it will be a bit more comfortable in a front pocket due to its somewhat reduced width.  

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 10:15:27 PM »
I like the Hedley holsters for my P-32 and P-3AT, so I plan to stick with RJ.  However, I'm thinking about the limited edition R-9 holster.  I'm concerned that the added weight of the R-9 may tend to cause the pocket holster to nose over in the pocket.  The added piece of leather on RJ's limited may aid in preventing such in-the-pocket rotation.

Right RJ?

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 10:35:17 AM »
Hi Folks,

I thought that everyone might be interested, as far as the personalized serial numbers go, I talked to Eric on the phone last Thursday and they don't do the personalized serial numbers anymore due to the volume of their business and the paperwork and logistical problems involved with doing it. It is ashame, since it would be nice to have had one marked "James Bond 007".

Hi Fly,

I wouldn't worry too much about the weight of the Rohrbaugh turning a good pocket holster over in your pocket. I have been carrying a PM9 in my right front pocket in a Ron Graham back pocket holster with a removable anti-print shield every day since March 17, 2003 without any problem. I have Graham right and left handed Maverick holsters ordered for my Rohrbaugh, but looking at R J Hedley's work I wouldn't hesitate to order one of his fine holsters either.

Frank

Offline Datan

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 12:19:12 PM »
Happy that I got my R9S with personalized serial number when I did.. looks like it will be a while before I can order my second with a -002.  Thx for the update.  Actually, wish I would have thought of "James Bond 007" - I was quite unimaginative with my initials-001.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 12:33:10 PM »
To Fly
 The added 1/2" of width is to add stability, as well as provide a "hook" to aid in the draw, if needed. The total width is 4 1/2".
RJ=

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 03:33:13 AM »
Yep, I think that is the one I'll order.  Thanks!

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 03:52:38 AM »
I have the R9S, standard production serial number 101, Karl has the first 100.  I ordered mine in Feb 2002 and it arrived in Nov 2003.  It is a superb pistol.  I only own two of very few pistols, but the Rohrbaugh will be one of those.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 09:47:29 PM »
I got my R9S just a few days ago and the serial number is R343.  Are the R9 and the R9S numbered in the same manner?  Have they omly made 343 or so pistols to date?  

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 10:27:45 PM »
My 101 has no prefix.  I would say that this is a question for the company.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 02:14:01 AM »
The feds asked Kel-tec to begin using serial numbers with letters and numbers -- supposedly some Homeland Security thing -- maybe the serial number nomenclature has changed with the Rohrbaugh for the same reason...

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2004, 06:17:17 PM »
I saw my first photo of an R-9 just weeks ago. I asked one dealer to locate one for me, and he had no idea where to look. I asked the second dealer, and he already ordered one for a customer.
 i will get the next one he orders, and of course i need to sell one of my other guns first.
All in time I suppose.

This is a great site, and I will do some research here before I actually purchase the Rohrbaugh I want.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2004, 10:08:21 PM »
Welcome, chameleon,   ;D

"This is a great site,"
I couldn't agree more. There's a lot of good and experienced people here and it's a pleasure to communicate with them.

"...I will do some research here before I actually purchase the Rohrbaugh I want."

I think the main decision by far is whether to get sights or not. I got sights (the R9s) and have no regrets, although I don't always use them.  :o  

Unless you really hate having sights on such a pistol, I'd suggest ordering one with sights.  

I originally thought I'd probably "melt" the gun and if I didn't like the sights I could file them completelly off at that time.  Now, after enjoying the little gun a great deal, I think I probably won't do anything at all to it except enjoy it exactly as it is, which is darned near perfect for an ultra high quality 9mm. pocket piece.

The only other decision is the color of the anodization of the aluminum frame, and frankly, I don't think that matters very much unless you feel really strongly one way or the other about having a dark frame or one that's lighter in color.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2004, 10:58:31 PM »
Hi 9mil, and thanks for the warm welcome.

I have not really thought about which model I will go for.
Yes, it will only be one, I'm not going for one of each!

The dark frame appeals to me, and I suppose I can take or leave the sights. Much like another favorite mini gun of mine w/o sights. it is not important.

Now, what is a great price that I should  expect to pay?
How's $845?