Author Topic: An open letter to the Rohrbaughs  (Read 4890 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
An open letter to the Rohrbaughs
« on: June 19, 2004, 06:43:01 PM »
I just sent the following correspondence to the Rohrbaughs:

Gentlemen:

I am writing to thank you for your creation of what I believe is the finest pistol I have ever had the pleasure of owning.  After over 35 years of gun ownership I have to say that my R9S is the first pistol that I am truly happy with right from the box.  My Ed Brown 1911 made a trip to Ted Yost before I was happy with it and my Glocks go to Robbie Barrkman at Robar before they go on my belt.  My R9S isn't going anywhere.  It's perfect out of the box.  It has been flawless with approximately 100 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr and more accurate than I could have imagined.  I am also amazed at how quickly I am able to acquire a sight picture with the diminutive, but effective, sights.  I have never been more satisfied with, or confident of, a pistol before.  To have this level of quality in a pocket pistol is all the more amazing.

Thanks

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: An open letter to the Rohrbaughs
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 08:32:48 PM »
A very nice letter, I'm sure it will mean a lot to the House of Rohrbaugh.   A reward of a different kind, and better than Gold, so to speak..

I hope that my experence will inspire me to write such words of praise.  

This will be in about four months, I ordered late and have a reason to wait.
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 09:23:39 PM »
I am sure it will be much appreciated Mike .... as we all know, criticism is the most widely and easily disseminated commodity, praise all too often being left to gather dust.

I am of the mind that if you are pleased about something ... a service or a product, then say so.

I have probably said that much and more in emails and discussions with Eric ... feeling as I do that those guys should feel (and enjoy) great pride in their creation. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 10:37:43 PM »
The open letter to Rohrbaugh is accurate and I agree 100% with its contents.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 04:02:54 PM »
I have never before written a thank you letter to gun manufacturer.  I felt compelled to do so in this case.  The R9S has absolutely delighted me.

Offline Jeff_OTMG

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:38:10 AM »
I have to agree.  I am known for having my guns 'personalized', be it an action job, sights, grips, or checkering.  Many guns I buy don't even get shot before they are worked over to my specs.  The Rohrbaugh is the only pistol that I can think of that was ready to go right out of the box.  Mine didn't even need a break in!!!!

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 12:13:03 PM »
Mine is a keeper!!!  ;D  And, if you know me and how I go through dozens and dozens and dozens of guns a year; always seeking my favorite, even of a particular gun...

KEEPER is the higest grade there is for my little collection.  

Thanks Eric and Karl for making a KEEPER for me!   ;D
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 08:52:56 PM »
''Keeper'' here too Jody, for sure.  Why in particular I want #2 now so it can also be a ''keeper'' but do all the work, to spare #1!.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Mr_Jody_Hudson

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 11:54:18 PM »
I look forward to my next one too.   ;D  Although I'm not saving mine from any shooting!  I shot a pleasing 40 to 50 rounds today and got some remarkable accuracy from WWB a couple of times; an inch or so one time and about two inches the other time, at about 30 feet!  That is VERY good for me.  The other ammo I shot today ran about 6 inch group size usually at about 30 feet.  That trigger is what makes the difference I think!  It is a WOWSER... I do not think anyone will ever believe us about the trigger, until they try one themselves.  It IS that good.
Delaware Real Estate = http://www.Kate-Jody.com