Author Topic: The ''Pup'' is goin biking tomorrow!!  (Read 3491 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
The ''Pup'' is goin biking tomorrow!!
« on: June 26, 2004, 12:25:40 AM »
Here in PA ... Johnstown, we have ''Thunder in the Valley''...... a huge biker event .. this is year seven and probably going to be a record, with bikes from all over the state and many from outa state.

My wife and I are off there tomorrow, meeting up with my son ... and we hope a fine day and much good cheer.  In morning it might be chilly so - leather jacket - no problem with concealing SP-101 but .. later on could well be a tad warmer and jacket will be shed.  T-Shirt cover may not cut it so .... R9s is goin along in back pocket ... in K&D pocket rig... (promo!!)

Very likely, SP will be relegated to saddle bag!

I shall feel far from under gunned ... and secure in knowledge of the 6+1 on my person.

Here is a pic of this ''biker dude'' taken other day by my daughter in law .... the vest is my standard cover for carry .... but this may not be with me, thus the R9 - as a BUG at least.

I may be ''gettin on''  but I sure love my bike!!  :D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: The ''Pup'' is goin biking tomorrow!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 12:27:03 AM »
Cool pipe... ;D

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 12:33:06 AM »
Thx George!!!!!  Made my day!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 08:09:49 AM »
I aim to please.... 8)

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 12:12:49 AM »
Hi R9S,

If you ever get to northeastern PA, let me know and maybe we can get together and compare notes.

Frank

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 11:31:50 AM »
Frank (#2  :P ) ......

Sure would like to .. tho seems rare indeed that I do much more than head way East now and again, or as far North as about central PA ... State College.  One of these days I'll have to lash the dogs together and get the sled out ... come see your neck of the woods!! ;D

Same applies of course if you were to be down these sweaty climes!  Let me know and we'll meet up. :D

Great day biking yesterday ... goin over today for more .. this is year 7 of ''Thunder in the Valley'' in Johnstown ..... and I reckon it is the biggest yet ... maybe 7 to 8,000 bikes!! Awesome.  The weather smiled too.

Later
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 03:19:15 AM »
Well ....... the ''pup'' nestled happily in rear pocket - both Saturday and Sunday.  Sure the weight was in excess of my P3-AT but .. not a problem at all.  Longest I have carried thus far.

Didn't do too many miles Saturday but today (Sunday) did near 200 ... so lot of time ''in the saddle'' cumulatively.  K&D pocket holster is (slowly) softening!!

Because a tad ''fresh'' weather ... and I was glad of that - I managed to keep my vest on over T Shirt and so had SP-101 anyways .. R9s was along as BUG.

Not strictly gun oriented or relevant but hey .... a flavor of this weekend .. biker heaven!!.  Downtown Johnstown PA ....... ''Thunder in the Valley'' - Biker week.

Did I mention ... I LOVE biking!!!  :o ;D
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site