Author Topic: original or stealth, what's your favorite  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
Re: original or stealth, what's your favorite
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
it may be easier to pull out the second mag from the weak side pocket since the holster will probably remain in the pocket after drawing the pup.

This is the main reason that mag and pup don't belong on the same pocket.  You will probably never have to use your R9 but if you do how would you get the extra mag out of the stong side pocket?  It's just too difficult and un-natural.  Just my thoughts.

Maybe RJ would chime in on his thoughts and why hea hasn't and probably won't develop such a holster setup.

YMMV
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:25:29 PM by Jack_Foulard »

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 12:26:01 AM »
I carry my extra mag in my "weak"side pocket.IMO it does' not belong in the same pocket as the pup..

RJ has commented on this type of holster earlier in the forum,he is not a proponent if I remember correctly. ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:12:58 AM »
I really can't see why anyone would want that type of pocket holster. It just makes no sense.

Offline Click177

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 08:31:22 AM »
Inexperience perhaps? Speaking for myself, I am moving into the world of carry for the first time and am trying to sort out what to carry where. I had to evict the tenants from my strong pocket who have been there for several decades to make room for this new neighbor. The old tenants are saying the new guy on the block can't store his junk in their now over crowded weak pocket. :-/

That is why I appreciate this forum so much. You guys spared me from buying that "mag pocket" holster to only discover that my spare magazine would be out of reach when I most need it.
-Click

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
Click:

Welcome to the CCW community! After a while, you'll  become so accustomed to carrying a weapon that you'll feel lopsided without it.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Click177

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »
Richard, Thanks for the welcome into the CCW community.
-Click

Offline mcop511

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »
Click, good luck with your start into CCW. It's a fascinating way of life that may one day save your life or someone elses.

If there were more CCW holders out there my job might be a little easier. There would DEFINITELY be fewer victims out there!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 08:15:56 PM »
Click,
You have a fine, deft touch with the written word; may I
also add my welcome. It appears you have a lot to contribute
to this forum

Offline Click177

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:11 PM »
mcop, tracker, Tks for the kind words and encouragement.

Perhaps I should start a new thread to ask this question so as to not detract from Riffraff's original intent (I like the two tone R9s ;D), but I have been wondering if the good guy in a shootout often gets mistaken for the bad guy by other good guys with CCWs, then is mistakenly taken out. I would imagine a plain clothes officer is exposed to the same risk... Or am I just thinking too much :-/
-Click

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
mcop, tracker, Tks for the kind words and encouragement.

Perhaps I should start a new thread to ask this question so as to not detract from Riffraff's original intent (I like the two tone R9s ;D), but I have been wondering if the good guy in a shootout often gets mistaken for the bad guy by other good guys with CCWs, then is mistakenly taken out. I would imagine a plain clothes officer is exposed to the same risk... Or am I just thinking too much :-/

-Click

Click:

You're definitely not thinking too much; you're thinking as you should about the responsibilities and consequences attendant to carrying a weapon and using it in self defense. My advice would be to read everything you can lay your hands on which has been written by Massad Ayoob on the subject.

And, back on topic, I like the original two-toned R9 -- but those Steath models are really impressive.   :-/
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline grayfeathers

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »
I have the Pale horse Bombay, very similer. I allready have all my other pocket stuff in my weak side pocket, thats why that type of holster works for me. With the heel mag. release I have to put the r-9 in my weak hand to release it anyway.

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 12:03:51 AM »
With the heel mag. release I have to put the r-9 in my weak hand to release it anyway.
You do? Why?

Offline grayfeathers

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 10:41:50 AM »
I am a fumble-fingers with my weak hand and   find it easier to work the button with my strong hand.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 01:00:17 AM »
This is something I haven't thought much about but after
trying it a few different ways i will conlude my thoughts:
1. strong side pocket holster only
2. weak side magazine

I tried the magazine release with my weak side index finger
and it is just a flicker; i am no superman and this just seems
to be facile and instinctive. If you already own an integrated
holster and magazine, so be it.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 08:03:53 PM »

Tracker,

This thread is not directed at you, it is rather a statement about all the posts on this topic.

Guys,  the s*** has not hit the fan yet.  If you guys actually ever load your extra magazine there is a good chance you will be faceing charges.  IMO you have seen to many movies.  An 'extra mag.' is something that you just ain't gonna need.  I don't want to hear any rebuttals.  If you really believe you are going to need more shots than what the R9 holds,  you are probably in the 'black helicopter/ bunker mentality' crowd.   These are my opinions and I don't care to hear any rebuttals. You can of course post whatever you wish.  It is still a free country(barely).

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member