Author Topic: Possible problem ?  (Read 6086 times)

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
Re: Possible problem ?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2008, 11:54:28 PM »
I guess my questions would be:
Did you clean the gun after shooting 8 magazines?

If yes then:
What all did you take down?  

Seems odd it worked, and now doesn't.  Certainly I've had similar things with a Beretta before, so it is possible.   But in retrospect on my old Beretta, I do wonder if I had the magazine springs in properly (I was a real newbie at that time).

I'm asking these questions in hopes that we can decipher what's happened, not because I think it's your fault.  Maybe something was overlooked.  

Offline dbracin

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 07:46:20 AM »
After the initial testing the day I got it back, I just put the R9 in the safe. No cleaning, no disassembly, no nothing. I took it out yesterday and took it to the range. The first 5 rounds fired and the last one took 3 strikes and then every other round in the next few mags took multiple strikes. So at that point I just stuck it back in my range bag to save my ammo. Nothing was changed. I even shot the same ammo from the same boxes.
The only good news was that my Colt Commander ran perfect, like always.

I am very sorry to hear of your problems of late..

What has changed since the previous good results?

The big brown truck just left and I got to try out the R9s. FOUR mags of Remington , 2 mags of WWB and 2 mags of Federal Hydrashock. No problems. I feel much better now. I wanted to shoot more, but after 8 mags, I thought I'd wait until tomorrow for a few more rounds. Let me say that Rohrbaugh customer service is excellent. Maria is an asset to the company and Karl has a sense of humor. My letter with the return indicated light strikes with Remington, Winchester and CCI ammo. Included with my returned R9s was a handful of "Federal" cases, I concluded were test fired cases. Well, so far so good.

If this was a good run,we must realize that something has changed..
??? ???

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 11:42:21 AM »
you might get around to cleaning the pup and keeping it oiled. It will run much better.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »
I agree Tom, a good cleaning and possibly some Gun Scrubber around the firing pin area and such may do wonders.  I'd try that before I sent it off.    If you don' own EEZOX I'd try some CLP or something.  Maybe not the "Rorhbaugh standard" for some folks, but I've never had a problem using either product in anything...including door locks :).

I do know a friend of mine has gotten to about 75 rounds before cleaning, but certainly he was really ringing it out by that time and I'm surprised he had no "runs, drips or errors."

Try a good scrubbing and then see if you have the problem.  If so, then I'd have to side with you wanting a new gun or money back.

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »
Is UMC known to work reliably in the R9?

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 12:48:20 PM »
Please don't have your local gunsmith work on the R9. Send it back to Rohrbaugh and they will take good care of you. Karl, I'm sure was trying to help you, but for some reason you didn't give him much of a chance. Your choice of ammo could also cause the problem. Tom

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 12:06:53 AM »
As far as the anodizing being marked up, what type is it?  Are you talking Stealth coating?  That can usually be cleaned up with some heavy cleaning as it's just transfer.  I'm not sure about the stovepipes, but I believe that's indicative of shooting technique in some of these smaller guns.  (Somebody correct me here if need be).  

As for UMC...well, it runs in my HK; BUT it is FILTHY...makes WWB look like Gold Dot clean.  So, if you've popped off 60 rounds of UMC, I can see where you will run into problems with filth, causing the guns to malfunction.

Offline dbracin

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 09:15:14 PM »
you might get around to cleaning the pup and keeping it oiled. It will run much better.  Tom

If not cleaning with less than 50 rounds fired causes light primer strikes, THAT is a problem.

I spoke with Maria yesterday and the matter has now been resolved. Rohrbaugh customer service has been above and beyond that of any company I've ever done business with and I thank them for that.
Shalom,
db

Offline threeputtingfool

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 02:04:17 AM »
db please elaborate.  What was the resolution?

Jeff

ps I'm a newbie to the forum, and considering a "pup" as you guys refer to them.  Thus my interest in this thread.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »
threeputt, there are very few if any problems with the R9s. Some of problems are ammo or cleaning and/or griping problems. Rohrbaugh has a life time warranty on every pistol so you don't need to worry. If you are thinking of getting one do so you wouldn't look back.  Tom

Offline dbracin

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »
 ;)