Author Topic: New owner with lots to learn!  (Read 1847 times)

Offline walt_l

New owner with lots to learn!
« on: May 02, 2010, 11:51:46 AM »
Took a drive and picked up an R9 yesterday. I think I got a good price and it WAS in stock. This is one stout little pistol and I think I'm gonna like it. It is my first tiny shooter !

Been reading a bit here and AM in need of a holster but haven't settled on one. Seems my front pockets are packed full these days with a "George Kastanza wallet" Cell phone tac knife etc so it's looking like maybe a rear pocket holster.

Can't wait to get it to the range, but today it's raining cats and dogs and there are flash flood warnings until tomorrow morning.

Any suggested reading -- besides here -- is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: New owner with lots to learn!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »
 Walt, congrats on the new pup and welcome to the best gun forum on the internet!! As far as required reading goes you can probably find anything you need right here. Again welcome.    Gene
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:59:17 AM by birdman »
birdman

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
Walt, welcome to the forum and pup ownership. I know you'll enjoy both. I would try Meco for a holster, go to:  www.mecopocketholsters.com and look around and then call Robert and ask questions then order.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »
walt.  Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on the R9.  Lots of great holsters on the holster treads here, as I'm sure you've read.  You'll be pleased with the little wonder at the range, I'm sure.  Again, welcome and post often.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »
Welcome to the group, and conrats on the new pup. As far as holsters there are a couple of excellent makers here on the forum, Hidden Holsters, and Meco holsters.
Here is a link to another maker that has what you are looking for.
http://pocketholsters.com/Rohrbaugh_R9_Pocket_Wallet_Hol/rohrbaugh_r9_pocket_wallet_hol.html

Some other very worth while reading can be found at this link.
http://www.acbsystems.com/boards/rohrbaugh/

John
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 12:03:09 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »
Walt,

Let me add my welcome to the forum and my congratulations on your acquisition of the new Pup.

Some "extra goodies" you may want to contemplate are a set of Hogue Extreme grips (from the Rohrbaugh Store) and one of John's (yankee2500) excellent mag extensions.  Both of these fine "options" will enhance the shooting experience of your new little beauty.

Regards, Quiet1
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 05:36:37 PM »
Walt:

And a welcome from me as well, and congratulations on selecting the Ferrari of pocket pistols!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 07:45:58 PM »
Welcome!!  In addition to the Mag extensions from Yankee2500, I definitely recommend one of his takedown tools-- makes reassembly of the pup a piece of cake.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »
Welcome and have fun with it!  Use the recommended ammo and call Robert with MECO!  Enjoy that pup!!!!!