Author Topic: Withdrawn: R9s - Not safe queen - Deer Park - REDUCED  (Read 3240 times)

Offline hk_mtbr

Withdrawn: R9s - Not safe queen - Deer Park - REDUCED
« on: August 10, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »
Withdrawn...love this thing too much to give it away.

I'm listing my much loved much trusted R9. I've carried it since new (35xx serial number) using a Desantis pocket holster. It is a "shooter" and NOT a safe queen. By shooter I mean it has about 250-300 rounds through her. I respected the "carry lots shoot little" mantra - but I had to shoot enough to feel good with it. So sometimes when at the range I would send a mag through it (NO +p ammo ever), or offer a buddy to try it out. it has NEVER failed in any way...boring reliability :-)

This will include the cardboard box, the plastic box, the manual, spent casings, extra spring, and both mags.

There is finish wear on the edges and bottom of the trigger guard...the reassuring smooth feel of the R9 in your pocket has polished of some spots off the black frame. And also the black on the front end of the frame has some wear.

The pics aren't great - sorry...quick phone pics.

$925 shipped my FFL to yours...no unfriendly states. FTF in SW Ohio would be nice. Only trades would be for Canon L glass or Leica M - glass (35/2 summicron anyone?)

I spend much of my time on the brianenos.com hkPro.com or fredmiranda. com boards and have excellent feedback with references if needed...heck you can all me and chat if you want :-) My site is www.joelquimby.com if you want to see what I do for a living (photographer).

Myemail is faster than PMs but either fine joel.quimby@gmail.com is addy.

Thanks
Joel

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:45:50 AM by hk_mtbr »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: WTS: R9s - Not safe queen - Deer Park
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:20:29 PM »
This R9 has the matching 416 stainless steel slide and barrel. That is a good match! Good Luck with your sale. . . . . She is priced very reasonable. It should not be around long at that pricing.   ;)

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline hk_mtbr

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 06:52:58 PM »
Thanks Eric! I really hate to see it go...maybe it wont  ;D

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 07:29:58 PM »
Time will tell Joel. The thing with your R9 is the fact that both the barrel and the slide are the same grade metal, that being the 416 SS. The earlier Deer Park models and all of the Farmingdale models we were using the best stainless steel material, that being 17-4ph SS. We found that the dissimilar metals were having an issue with the lockup, so in speaking with other manufacturers that we had, and still have, good relationships with, we found that most were using 416 SS for both the slide and the barrel making for a much better match giving it better longevity. As most things, they get better as you learn and move forward with the design. This change was one of those moments for us at Rohrbaugh. . . . . . By the way, the way to tell the change is this:  The Deer Park, NY models with script writing on the slide are 17-4ph SS slides. The ones like yours with the block lettering are the 416 SS slides. Our little "In House" codes we used through the years so we knew "What was what". lol    ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline hk_mtbr

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »
Thanks for the super info! I appreciate you sharing the intricacies of the product.

I'll try to get some better shots up soon. Wear can be tough to photo properly - it either has so much detail that it looks far worse than it really is...or phone pics like the ones I posted.  :)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 01:24:27 PM »
You're quite welcome on the inside information shared here. This is THE FORUM for R9 information. . . . . Period.

Offline hk_mtbr

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 01:09:25 PM »
WITHDRAWN
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:46:07 AM by hk_mtbr »