Author Topic: When I can't carry a gun  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
When I can't carry a gun
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:17:40 PM »
When I can't carry a  gun I have my Seecamp 32 in a small camera case on my belt.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:42:52 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Re: When I can't carry a gun
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:59:57 PM »
Like it...I have often looked at the compact camera cases as a carry option....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 09:56:44 AM »
I have one that fits the R9 nicely and has a belt slide...just a leather camera case from a leather store (don't remember which....been too long ago that I bought it for a camera).  Does not have a quick release zipper though.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »
Knife....two...one fixed blade on right side on belt the other a folder cliped in left pocket.

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
R9s. if not: seecamp. if not: folders. if not: fiberglass walking stick. if not: then i ain't going....
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »
Cedar knobstick with weighted head topped with a "Morgan Silver Dollar," carved in a swirl to accent the varied grain of the wood, and reinforced with a steel bolt at the tip -- long enough to be a walking cane, short enough to be a swagger stick, pleasing to the eye and hand, and a dam*d fine defensive tool.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
A Kershaw folder and that's it!     :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
Benchmade auto opener...and about 100 years in various hand to hand training....also, condition YELLOW awareness, eyes up and alert, looking around and even making eye contact with anyone lurking about so they know I see them.  Also, I teach part time at a Kenpo studio (when I'm CONUS long enough) here and tell students to hold their car key in their hand in such a fashion that it can be used as a weapon.  I think the most important thing, gun or not, is condition YELLOW alertness of your surroundings and those around you. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 09:22:55 AM »
I think the most important thing, gun or not, is condition YELLOW alertness of your surroundings and those around you.

+1
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »
Benchmade auto opener...and about 100 years in various hand to hand training....also, condition YELLOW awareness, eyes up and alert, looking around and even making eye contact with anyone lurking about so they know I see them.  Also, I teach part time at a Kenpo studio (when I'm CONUS long enough) here and tell students to hold their car key in their hand in such a fashion that it can be used as a weapon.  I think the most important thing, gun or not, is condition YELLOW alertness of your surroundings and those around you.

AT.  You're the man, and  very deserved; great tips.  Thanks!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 01:51:12 PM »
pepperspray and service dog ;)  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
Jack_F,

That is a great tip! I think I will try to find one that says Nikon or Cannon on it for further misdirection. I have a LWS380 to drop in there.  I also don't leave home without a Microtech Troodon OTF and a Fenix flashlight.

Robar233

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »
I agree that when you can't carry a gun, carry a Seecamp in a most discreet place.
These days I carry just a Seecamp more than anything else.When I can, it is the R9 IWB.
Pictured here is my ultimate carry options.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 04:19:26 PM »
I wish Seecamp would make a 9mm ;D They would sell a lot of them ;)

I agree that when you can't carry a gun, carry a Seecamp in a most discreet place.
These days I carry just a Seecamp more than anything else.When I can, it is the R9 IWB.
Pictured here is my ultimate carry options.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline bama

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »
When I can't carry a gun....I carry my R9s!!!   8)

When I really can't carry a gun, I have a knife.    ;)

When I can't carry a knife, I still have knees, elbows, and a bad attitude!!!  >:(
Dr John Meade
Director of Tactical Medicine
Suarez International