Author Topic: Just a Hi from a new member  (Read 3007 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Just a Hi from a new member
« on: May 21, 2004, 11:45:48 PM »
OK ... not strictly on topic but ... feel the need to say Hi and introduce self!

I am P95Carry on TFL and THR ... but seemed more appropriate here to ''massage'' my screen name to suit!

May not have too much time to spend here but . having only had my new R9S a coupla weeks or less ... seems very logical to come here and join up.  Hope to learn and exchange info with fellow owners.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: Just a Hi from a new member
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 01:21:46 AM »
Well, just to introduce myself. My name is George Heitmanis. I live in St Clair Shores, Michigan. I am 47. I am also a practicing lawyer. I hang out at the NAA message board and on Ron Graham's board.

I am a die hard fan of pocket guns because they are easy to carry. A person is more likely to carry a pocket gun than a full size, 5 inch barrel, all steel 1911A1. Although, I doubt you will find a bigger 1911A1 fan than myself. But I like to think that I am practical and I feel that it is more important to carry a firearm then have one collecting dust in the glove box or night stand.

I also post at The High Road, The Firing Line, and the Self Defense Fourm.

People who know me, know that I am a very vocal supporter of those products that I love. Especially, holsters made by Ron Graham, who I think is one of the all time great holster makers and a secret to most of the firearm community.

Offline Oscar

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 11:54:25 PM »
  I just thought that it may be proper to introduce myself.  I am a mechanical engineer living in rural Pennsylvania.  I enjoy shooting and believe strongly in our Second Amendment rights.  My other interests include cycling and farming.
  After handling the Rohrbaugh R9S at the NRA Convention in Pittsburgh last April, I have been searching for user information regarding its reliability and performance.  So far the information I have found is favorable.  So today I took the plunge and ordered a dark frame R9S.  I am told that there is currently a three month back order situation so I'll have to be patient.
  I look forward to the information and discussion this forum and all of you display.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 12:06:28 AM »
Welcome Oscar :) ..... I think if you take a cruise thru the threads we have had so far - you'll get some useful info and opinion.

This board will I feel become ever more useful - as more and more people discover this lil' gun.

George ...... what do you post under on THR and TFL ... not sure if I know for sure?
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 01:20:18 AM »
Hi R9S:

I'm GeorgeH pretty much everywhere. I discovered message boards about 4 years ago, and find that I relax and learn by reading the posts.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 02:21:06 AM »
Thx George .... put it down to poor observational skills. :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 11:30:47 PM »
Chris,
     I am sorry I never welcomed you.. ;D
I "joined" 2 days later I think.. :)
I was just looking over some "old" stuff and thought I would Greet you as we do now!! :) :D ;D 8)

Thanks for alllllll that you have done for this forum,with ALL the info you have compiled.. :o

Thanks again man.. ;D

Seems like a LONG time ago.. :o

Cheers.. 8)

Brenden
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 11:32:07 PM by Brenden »
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 12:35:56 AM »
Brenden - why thank you Sir - that is most gracious of you.

Heck tho - we have been here so long now it's like an old house - I can even see some threadbare portions of the carpet in the hallway! ;D

I never know tho who takes out the trash - guess it's Duane but he is good like that - never complains!

Seriously fella - it's good to be in the company of some great folks here, and all I have done personally is expand a bit of enthusiasm into a bit of data - hoping only to help along those newer to ''pupdom'' than some of us. ;)

This first year on the forum has gone quick tho eh?  Alarming I find it - twilight years and all that and they fly ever quicker.  Oh well - each day is a blessing. :)

Best
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site