Author Topic: Magnum rounds  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
Magnum rounds
« on: February 06, 2006, 10:40:31 AM »
I went to the range yesterday before the Super Bowl and a guy I work with, at my very part time job, was there sighting in his .35 whelan (sp?).  He also happened to have his Ruger Super Black Hawk in .454 casull.  Holy Cow, sign me up.  That thing is a monster.  It was my first time shooting the casull and what a jump on the recoil, fast and furious.  He said the factory loads were tame compared to his reloads.  I don't think I would try those until I had a bunch of range time with the factory's.  

I also had a first with my friend's Blackhawk in .41 magnum.  That was really nice.  He just took a 250 lb. sow with it about two weeks ago.  I've been looking at the S&W 57 mountain gun, but now I think I may look a little closer if I can find an older one in blue without the stupid lock on it.  Or maybe I'll just pick up a blackhawk in .41.  Either way I know what I'll be looking for when I hit the Lakeland gun show this spring.  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Magnum rounds
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:25:31 PM »
Roc:

The only "magnum" handgun I now own is an Israeli Industries/Magnum Research Desert Eagle in .50 AE.  It doesn't punish the shooter as much as a Ruger Super Blackhawk in .454 Casull, but it literally destroyed the construction pallet which my brother-in-law had been using as a backstop for targets on his farm.  (He still expects me to replace his .... pallet  :( )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"