Author Topic: Want a new holster  (Read 6630 times)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Want a new holster
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 09:53:30 PM »
K-MAN
Can you post some pictures of your pocket defender delux for the R9. Do you offer it in shark?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »
K & D doesn't make holsters for the R9 anymore.  Sorry, his words.

K-Man is K & D.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1278334408;start=2#2
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:41:40 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 06:39:57 AM »
When I first got my pup I went to my son's in Dayton Ohio with a DeSantis Nemesis I purchased at the dealer. Not pretty, functional but not quite the back pocket holster I really wanted (and I had a Meco on order).

At a gun store there I saw some Stoner Holsters on display and they looked pretty nice, but nothing for the R9s there. I visited their website:

http://www.stonerholsters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=112

and saw not only that they did make for the Rohrbaugh but were less than 20 miles from where I was. I called them, they had one in stock, so I drove over and bought it.

What you may not "get" from looking at the website pictures is that it fits the pup very well - the molding is just right - draw is easy and the gun comes out and the holster stays in. The back flap is rather soft so it conforms to the pocket well and "breaks-in" easily. The gun fits all the way in with a very slight muzzle protrusion and the back flap is no bigger than it needs to be which makes it fit the back pocket of my jeans and the gun totally disappears.

For the price (and availability - they are only 2 weeks even on a special order) it's hard to beat it.

They sort of won me over with their sign on the front of their store:

"Ohio CHL license holders and their weapons are welcome inside. Criminals must leave their weapons outside."

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »
JR,
  I like the Back pocket holster but am not too impressed with the Front pocket holster. It states universal left or right pocket, that means there is no flat side on it to eliminate printing.
 Very few front pocket holster makers have a universal front pocket holster.
  The rest of the line looks pretty nice.
Just my thoughts from reading there site.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 10:26:06 AM »
I would agree with Yankee. I like my front pocket holsters to have a smooth side to keep from showing though the pants material.

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 11:23:10 AM »
JR,
  I like the Back pocket holster but am not too impressed with the Front pocket holster.

To be honest - while I was in the store and they had a ton of holsters (not only theirs but other makers as well) - I never even looked at the front pocket line and have no comments about them - I'm not so much of a "front pocket holster" kind of guy - I do like back pocket holsters.

I initially bought the Nemesis just to have "something to hold me over" until the Meco I ordered came in. When I saw the Stoner I figured it would be better than the Nemesis and indeed it is - and it's just a lot better than I expected it to be. Functionally I think it's about perfect though there may be better looking holsters out there. For the price it's hard to beat as it's pretty close to the Nemesis and about 1/2 of what my Meco cost. The delivery time was great because it was in stock the day I went there but 2 weeks is pretty good even if not in stock; I'm still waiting for the Meco.

With the number of new owners taking delivery of new pups, this might just fill a need - as it did for me.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:23:53 AM by JR956678 »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 10:12:28 PM »
I agree that for a fill in duty the the front pocket holsters would  work fine and the back pocket holster would probably work long term for some. The prices seem very reasonable and as pointed out a quick turnaround time.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson