Author Topic: VZ grip trigger rattle  (Read 3221 times)

Offline gbelleh

VZ grip trigger rattle
« on: May 07, 2011, 12:33:09 AM »
I'm having the same problem I read about in another post about VZ grips causing the trigger to rattle.  I have the dark cherry grips, and I love them, but I can't stand the rattling anymore.  Also I'm worried about this causing the trigger bar to pop out and disable the gun.

Has anyone else who has had this problem had it resolved?  I'm planning to contact VZ and maybe return the grips, which would be a bummer.  I'm using the left VZ panel only right now, and I re-installed the factory right grip panel, which stopped the rattling completely.

Anyone have any input on this situation?
Thanks.
gbelleh

Offline jmoh

Re: VZ grip trigger rattle
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 01:45:25 AM »
I ended up sending mine back for a refund, never did hear back from VZ about the issue, guess it's just tolerances on certain R9s?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:46:00 AM by jmoh »

Offline gbelleh

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
That makes sense, because I had these grips on a stainless R9 and I don't remember any rattle.  But on my R9 Stealth, it rattles like a maraca.  Oh well.  I guess I'll probably end up getting the Hogue textured grips instead.
gbelleh

Offline jmoh

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »
When I called them, I asked for a replacement set of grips. They told me that they are all identically made and that I would have the same problem. Must just be the Stealth tolerances are slightly different. I think I'm going to opt for the Hogue grips with checkering as I like the extra grip that the checkered VZ gave.

Offline gbelleh

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 03:02:26 PM »
For me, textured grips are a must for the R9 (I think textured grips should be standard, or maybe frame checkering).  I'm using the left VZ panel now, and it's providing adequate grip.  But it looks like the Hogue textured grips are the best alternative (though they don't look nearly as nice, IMO).

It seems weird that there would be such a noticeable difference in the frames considering they're all CNC machined.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:02:55 PM by gbelleh »
gbelleh