Author Topic: Rohrbaugh R9 Grip extensions  (Read 10153 times)

Offline Boatswainmate

Rohrbaugh R9 Grip extensions
« on: May 29, 2016, 05:48:33 PM »
New to the Forum and have owned my Rohrbaugh R9 now 6 months. Extremely pleased with it and yet I feel handling could be improved with magazine grip extensions. I have looked hard and found in past they were offered yet not successful to date in locating a present supplier. I contacted many suppliers including Springfield and they informed their 380 grip extension is not fitting my R9 nor is it interchangeable with modification on my end. Any suggestions or direction I might explore? Thanks for serving to those that have served and God Bless those that have given their lives for us to continue to be free this Memorial Day! Anchors Away!
I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.
"John Paul Jones"

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh R9 Grip extensions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 07:16:53 PM »
IMO, the best made and best looking mag extensions were made by our own Yankee2500. He no longer makes them. Once in awhile you see one for sale on this Forum. Maybe one will show up for sale due to your posting.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline FALLEN77

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:49:59 AM »
I am hoping to find one as well. I think some people use Pearce extensions for Kahrs then dremel them to fit. Not the prettiest solution for such a nice gun but I guess it will work. I'm wondering if the extension for the RM380 would fit with a little dremmel work?

I saw a mag with Yankee extension for sale a while back for $150. That's quite expensive for a magazine so I was over it.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 12:12:21 PM »
Considering mags by themselves regular sale for 70 to 100 on gb....150 might not be totally to out of line...but yes it does fill a little like robbery...glws..

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 12:19:14 PM »
Not everything in life has to make economic sense. Magazines are getting hard to find, and yankee2500 mag exts even harder. If you see them for sale...grab them. You don't know when the next ones will come around. JMO
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 06:46:03 PM »
Yankee, where are you???  Do some straight mag extensions and I'll buy two for $100 each.  I already owns a straight and curved.  My hands fit the straight better and am willing to trace a curved for straight in similar pristine condition.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Boatswainmate

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »
I had heard from Pierce the Kahr PG-MK9 if modified will work so says Pierce. Ordered two from Bud's Guns Shop today and will let you know of their effectiveness and how it looks after I work on them. Still looking elsewhere and will get back if and when I find proper made or a custom maker. Looking for two magazines as well. Thanks for everyone's remarks on this issue.
I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.
"John Paul Jones"

Online MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 01:07:50 PM »
I had heard from Pierce the Kahr PG-MK9 if modified will work so says Pierce. Ordered two from Bud's Guns Shop today and will let you know of their effectiveness and how it looks after I work on them. Still looking elsewhere and will get back if and when I find proper made or a custom maker. Looking for two magazines as well. Thanks for everyone's remarks on this issue.

The Pearce extensions for the Kahr PM9 or the Colt Pocket Nine work fine.  In fact, I like the shape better than Yankee's.

The drawback is the heel mag retainer and the plastic extension.  They do not look right either.

Offline Boatswainmate

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 06:06:05 PM »
Thanks for the Colt Pocket Nine extension suggestion as another alternative. By the way original magazine supplier is still in business selling magazines at $50 each ship to my FL UPS 11.50  good bargain for all interested. Their info and website:

Brandon Vitulli   
Commercial Sales
Check-Mate Industries
(631) 491-1777
Brandon@checkmateindustries.com
Checkmatemagazines.com

"John Paul Jones"

Offline FALLEN77

Re: Rohrbaugh R9 Grip extension
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 02:05:09 AM »
Thanks for the info.. Are the mags the same? I would imagine that they are blank and free of the Rohrbaugh logo but if they are functionally the same then that's fine by me.

Offline spider445

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 07:50:19 AM »
Yes the magazines are OEM, with the Rohrbaugh logo on the base plate and plus p warning on the body of the mag. Picked up a few two months ago from Brandon at Checkmate.

Offline MN Lefty

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 12:00:23 PM »
I have the Pierce Kahr mods on 4 Rohrbaugh carry mags.  They feel and work great.  I did mod the bottom and front to fit my personal grip with a belt sander.  They are a great grip mod.  Highly recommend.

Offline tjvct

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »
I haven't  been on the Forum for a while and just saw your post.  I have 2 brand new magazine extensions I bought from Yankee on this site
If you are interested in purchasing please let me know  -- Tom

bamboobob

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »
I would like to buy straight black extensions for collection and carry
Will try sending PM with telephone number
Thanks Bob

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
I sent you a PM a while ago looking for curved black extensions.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.