Poll

TRYING TO GET AN IDEA HOW MANY STRAIGHT EXTENSIONS ARE NEEDED IN EACH COLOR

BLACK STRAIGHT
13 (86.7%)
SILVER STRAIGHT
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: January 02, 2012, 11:19:10 AM

Author Topic:  ALL Mag Extensions *ARE SOLD OUT*  (Read 172035 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Place Mag Extension Orders Here
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 05:41:22 AM »
Thanks, John.  Excellent work!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Mike_OTDP

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »
I'm in for 2 straight black extensions, please.  I'll get a check in the mail tomorrow.

Offline mveedell

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 12:57:30 PM »
Mine just came in the mail
They look GREAT
I Can't wait to put the on
Thanks for all your hard work
Maury

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:11:35 PM by mveedell »

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
Go to imageshack.com (free) and upload your picture. Then copy the link and paste it here.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:12:58 PM by FloridaCCW »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 08:59:55 PM »
John I'll take a silver hooked one.  I sent you a PM and will get the $$ out in the morn.  
Thanks
Corey

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 01:21:43 AM »
Mine came today, and I must say it sure makes the pup fit better in my hand,,,thanks for a job well done..Dan
GeminiDan

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2010, 03:06:27 PM »
Mine came today and I installed it immediately.  Well, almost immediately; I did have to retrieve the mag spring from the far corner of the room after my bumbling fingers were no up to the initial task of compression :P

Question: I can not get the little "button" on the bottom spring follower to come up into the extension.  It seems to miss the hole by the tiniest amount.  I tried levering with a toothpick (don't want to use anything scratchy) to no avail.  This is the only catch that holds the extension in place.  Did anyone else have this problem?

Do we need installation instructions?

It is an excellent addition to the gun.  Many thanks!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2010, 05:00:15 PM »

It was not easy to install because of the tight tolerances. I am not certain that I could remove it in the future but it is well made and attractive. The little button from the mag plate seems to be in place on mine. There is some slight forward movement on that plate when I move it back and forth but it does stay locked with the button.

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2010, 05:27:19 PM »
Mine is definitely not locked because when I try to lock the mag in the gun with the little rocker clip, the clip wants to push the extension off.  I can make it lock by using two hands but I can still push the extension off from the rear, if I try.  In use, of course, the force is from the front on the extension so the gun should shoot fine with it as.

I wish there were a way to secure this with a screw.  Being able to change clips in a hurry and without having the clip come apart is important.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline Josey Wales

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »
Guys this will be hard to explain with out pics but,

As you remove the bottom of the mag you are depressing the floor plate of the spring to keep it in the mag, only hold it so far in as to let the round end of the tang come actually out and over the very edge of the mag bottom.  The new extension will still slide on with that rounded tang slightly at edge and out.  This will allow the floor plate to come forward enough for the retainer pin to pop in place once the new extension is on.  Mine locked fine once I figured this out.

I hope I have explained this well enough.

J.W.
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?"

Offline kanuist

• Expert
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 09:32:59 PM »
I had problems with this when I was using a modified Pearce extension.

The metal plate that sits inside the magazine and that locks the extension in place may need to be bent up a little.  This keeps it up against the inside of the rounded front of the magazine and doesn't allow it to slip off the bottom with the new extension.

I also cleaned and put a little oil on the mag release to help it slide over the magazine extension and into place.  Made it slide over the new extension instead of pushing it off.

You also have to ram home the magazine with the new extension more firmly than with the stock extension.

Hope this helps!
Join the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Offline Chinook

• Expert
Mag Extension Rev 2
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 02:03:19 AM »
OK, I got mine to work.  I had to use a little jewelers screwdriver through the back slot to push the inner plate slightly to the front.  It took a little of the black off but no matter.

For the next rev of this, making a replacement inner plate with an attached nut (it would fit around the spring) would allow the extension to have a positive screw attachment.  You would replace the large hole in the extension to a smaller, countersunk hole and supply a SS screw.  Now that would be elegant!!!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
I apologize for not offering help sooner, but my computer died and I had to purchase a new one. If anyone sent me an e-mail and did not receive a reply, please contact me again.

I tried installing several of the extensions before I had them anodized and did have one or two do what you describe, not pop right into the hole, I held the mag by the sides (bottom up) and slapped it down on the phone book one or two times and it popped right in the hole.

John
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:44:46 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rohrbo man

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »
Fired my hooked extension last weekend and it feels great. No installation problems.
It's time to go straight though...have mailed a personal check of $52 for one straight (black) extension. Thanks again!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »
John.  Got my hooked extensions today as we just got back from Ga.  They are excellent.  Many thanks!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln