Author Topic: **SOLD**FS/Trade: Early R9S  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Nunzio

**SOLD**FS/Trade: Early R9S
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:48:33 PM »
FS/Trade: Early R9S, Spare Mags, Parts - $1399

Before I go into the description of this offering, I’d like to put a couple things up front.  First, I’m not going to bicker about the veracity of any claims made in this offering.  What I’m relating here is information received verbally from Rohrbaugh personnel or documented otherwise and I’ll differentiate between the two.  Everything will be related to the best of my knowledge.  Some of this is info picked up from serious collectors on this forum.  Second, I’m not offering this as a collector although it may be.  It’s up to you to determine the suitability for your purpose and verify it all to your own satisfaction.  That said, here’s what we have:

Rohrbaugh R9S, s.n. R10X.  Last digit is above 8 and below 10.  Only blocked the last digit because I prefer not to display the whole s.n. Has the blue carbon grips, came that way, and the frame is, I believe, the “plum” color I’ve seen mentioned here before.  Condition is not mint but I believe around 95%.  This was carried a lot more than it was shot and has a couple match-head sized rubs on the frame.  No metal damage, just shiny spots, hard to photograph.  And there’s a small rub on the trigger guard right on the sharp edge.  I’ve tried to show it but they’re hard to see in person let alone photograph.  All new springs, gun and mags with about 25 rounds thru since replaced.  Total rounds thru the gun around 4-500, totally tight as when new. 

Includes:  5 mags, 2 of which are new/unused, 2 new mag springs, 2 sets grip screws, 1 new and complete recoil assembly, 6 new outer recoil springs, original hard case with all paper work that came with the gun, cardboard box it was all shipped in and shipping label. 

Ordered in April of 2004 and received in October of 2004.  Invoice # 51XXX, and included with gun.  Per Rohrbaugh personnel, verbally, this was made in April of 2004.  There’s more on that but I’ll relate it when I get documentation from them. 

This little pistol has been wonderfully reliable, never any mechanical issues.  I no longer carry or shoot this little gem due to physical limitations on my part.  So, If you have a Kimber Solo that’s unloved I’ll take it in trade with the appropriate amount of cash.  If the photos I’ve posted are not adequate, I have more will post on subsequent posts if desired.  I’ll try to get you what you need.  Must ship to FFL.  Shipped after funds have cleared, buyer pays shipping and insurance of their choice.

PISTOL HAS BEEN SOLD.  THANK YOU!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:12:15 PM by Nunzio »

Offline Nunzio

Re: FS/Trade: Early R9S
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:49:50 PM »
Just a correction/update:  The rub marks in the description are on the slide NOT in the frame,  sorry, 'my bad'.  It kind of shows up in the photo just forward of the ejection port on the flat part of the slide.  The frame has one little rub on the trigger guard, hard to see.  And color:  it's not 'silver' as is the slide but looks like anodized and has a purple-ish hue to it, so "plum" maybe?  Also have just acquired a Kimber Solo so that's off the trade list unless it's the high-end one, CDP with lasergrip.  But I will consider firerarms trades or part trades, 1911's etc.  I like high-end guns and my collection is a 'working collection', not many safe queens.  Hell, I even shoot my Dad's old Woodsman once in a while  :)  Also, as I stated before, I'm certainly not a Rohrbaugh expert so if the price is way out of line I'd like to hear from someone who knows and if so, I'll adjust it.  Thanks!

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
Just a correction/update:  The rub marks in the description are on the slide NOT in the frame,  sorry, 'my bad'.  It kind of shows up in the photo just forward of the ejection port on the flat part of the slide.  The frame has one little rub on the trigger guard, hard to see.  And color:  it's not 'silver' as is the slide but looks like anodized and has a purple-ish hue to it, so "plum" maybe?  Also have just acquired a Kimber Solo so that's off the trade list unless it's the high-end one, CDP with lasergrip.  But I will consider firerarms trades or part trades, 1911's etc.  I like high-end guns and my collection is a 'working collection', not many safe queens.  Hell, I even shoot my Dad's old Woodsman once in a while  :)  Also, as I stated before, I'm certainly not a Rohrbaugh expert so if the price is way out of line I'd like to hear from someone who knows and if so, I'll adjust it.  Thanks!
Hell, I even shoot my Dad's old Woodsman once in a while  :) GOOD FOR YOU!
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Nunzio

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »
I just received the following email from Rhorbaugh:

--- On Wed, 6/12/13, Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. <rfcsales@optimum.net> wrote:

Subject: Rohrbaugh Firearms
To: fcpero@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 11:23 AM

Frank,

Your Rohrbaugh R9 pistol serial number R109 was in the first production run.  We started at R101 which makes your gun the 9th gun manufactured in the first production run. 

Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp.

631-242-3175 Office

631-242-3183 Fax

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
I just received the following email from Rhorbaugh:

--- On Wed, 6/12/13, Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. <rfcsales@optimum.net> wrote:

Subject: Rohrbaugh Firearms
To: fcpero@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 11:23 AM

Frank,

Your Rohrbaugh R9 pistol serial number R109 was in the first production run.  We started at R101 which makes your gun the 9th gun manufactured in the first production run. 

Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp.

631-242-3175 Office

631-242-3183 Fax

Very nice and congrats on the news.

Offline Nunzio

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »
Thanks!  It's good to finally have some documentation. 

Offline Nunzio

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »
Bump.  Reduced price, listed Guns America.