Author Topic: **SOLD** - FOR SALE! P7M8 Jubilee #143 of 500  (Read 13933 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
**SOLD** - FOR SALE! P7M8 Jubilee #143 of 500
« on: May 29, 2005, 10:30:56 PM »
I have a NIB P7M8 Anniversary Jubilee with all the goodies and a serial number less than 150 offered for sale so I can buy RJ's Grim Reaper.

Prefer a FTF deal in Florida but will ship to your FFL who accepts firearms from an individual.

$1650

« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 01:52:45 AM by flyandscuba »
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: WTT - FL P7M8 Jubilee trade towards P7M10
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 11:05:21 PM »
Fly - I wish!  I'd have to sell an R9 tho unfortunately.  Nice piece indeed.

How are things going?  Hoping you have managed to reinstate some semblance of order with an abode - and hope too this hurricane season will be a lot kinder than last. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 11:21:30 PM »
Thanks R9S,

With official hurricane season just around the corner, I'm in hopes of being back in the house before the next storm arrives...

As it seems, the "wave" of construction demands in the area now rests with flooring.  I'm waiting for the dry wall guys to finish up some corrections to imperfections before the painters return for touch-up -- before I get the flooring guys in.

So, for now -- I'm still enjoying the wonderful travel trailer in the driveway.  Hard to believe that I have been in it for nearly 8 months!!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 12:20:56 AM »
Fly:

I would like to own that beauty.  However, because of my beloved little wife's recent mediical bills beyond insurance coverage, my discretionary income is much reduced as of late.  Quite apart from all of that, it is good to hear from you again.  

I know that you had a terrible ride during last year's hurricane season.  I wish you all the best for the season to come.  As I recall, you rode out one of last year's storms in your house on the beach during which the wind was so severe that you even placed a life preserver on your dog.  You have apparently decided to keep your beachfront property and rebuild your house.  I would want to do the same, and I admire your perserverence.

All the best!

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:56:14 AM »
RS,

Thanks for the well wishes.  Yep, decided to stay and rebuild -- it only makes sense.  It is amazing what happens in a coastal community after a hurricane disaster...  "As Is" storm damaged properties are selling at much higher than habitable properties did prior to Ivan.  It almost seems like "out-of-town" buyers have created a buying frenzy thinking they are getting a post-storm bargain.

Based upon others in my neighbothood -- it seems like my rebuilt home will appraise for double what it did when I bought it in 2001...  I guess since no more waterfront is being made, I'll hang onto it as an additional retirement investment -- unless the real estate "bubble" pops...

Maybe we've experienced the once-in-a-lifetime storm here in P'cola -- I sure hope so, as this year is predicted to be a bad one.  One thing I do know -- if home lands in the crosshairs again, I'll fly out and stay with the airplane this time...

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 08:49:32 AM »
Fly, I hope mother nature treats you better this year!. Good luck.   I like your movie at the bottem of your posts. Tell us about it.   Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 09:55:12 AM »
That's Tom Cruise in the movie Collateral.  I haven't seen the complete movie, but I'm told the gunfight scene which this smalll clip comes from was one of the most realistic done in a movie to date.  Evidently, Tom spent quite a bit of time with combat shooting instructors and at the range in preparation for his role....

Me, I just thought it was a neat clip that would grab people's attention...

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 10:20:34 AM »
Fly, Again nice muzzle flashes!!!        Regards, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »
F&S

Glad to hear from you and to hear that you're still a P7 fan.

Good luck this year!!

Dick
Welcome home

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
Re: WTT - FL P7M8 Jubilee trade towards P7M10 or P
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 07:31:33 PM »
Revised to add that I'd be interested in working a deal on a P7K3 instead if someone has one to trade...

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
Re: *PENDING* P7M8 Jubilee trade towards P7M10 or
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 08:49:13 PM »
**DEAL PENDING**

Offline jlseagull

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 07:55:23 PM »
That's Tom Cruise in the movie Collateral.  I haven't seen the complete movie, but I'm told the gunfight scene which this smalll clip comes from was one of the most realistic done in a movie to date.  Evidently, Tom spent quite a bit of time with combat shooting instructors and at the range in preparation for his role....

Me, I just thought it was a neat clip that would grab people's attention...

I think it's a great clip!  It looks like an actual planned "double tap" (which in my book is a firing pattern, not specifically shots to the head like some people use it) on BG #1, then a "Mozambique" ( COM double tap + head shot) to BG #2.

It's exactly what I would hope I would be capable of against 2 threats.  I'm assuming the clip continues with TC returning his attention to BG#1, since the threat of BG#2 was already stopped, then ended.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 07:56:18 PM by jlseagull »

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 12:39:56 AM »
Fly, That P7M8 Jubilee really looks hot. Glad you got a good offer. You really have some class guns. I'd like to see some of your knives. Good luck with this years Hurricane season. You could always go for a cabin in Vermont. Pretty nice country up there.
BTW, did you ever do Draeger? Just thought you might have bumped into it in your travels.

be safe,

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 02:57:32 PM »
Actually, the deal for the Jubilee is probably going to fall through.  I'll hang onto it for a while, or put it up for sale as I have a matched pair that I'll keep.

Ashamedly, I haven't ever explored knives much.  I have a military automatic opening paratrooper knife and a SOG Para-tool as my only real knives to speak of...

I've wanted to take a rebreather course, but I never have.  I understand many of the problems/hazards associated with the equipment have been worked out over the years.  However, since it is illegal to spearfish in Florida with a rebreather, I doubt that I'll ever go to the expense to take the plunge into those pricey gadgets...

As for the storms, it looks like we'll get some of Tropical Storm Cindy -- but it is Dennis (that they project strengthening into a hurricane) that I'm concerned about.  The early tracks at www.nhc.noaa.gov don't look too inviting to me.

Hopefully, I'll get back into the house (August 1st is the target) before I get hammered again.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 06:14:25 AM »
FLY, what exactly were you looking for regarding the P7M8?
( Besides the most you can get for it.) Maybe we could work out a trade...? I have a pretty Nice H&K USP fullsize in .45 acp with about one mag through it, and if it doesn't go on the block for a S&W  mod.29 w/ 5 or 6 inch barrel I think we could talk.  Let me know. The 29 deal may not happen depending on what R9S and Tom Watson at the Irish Guard think.

Mike
doubletapMike