Author Topic: BDU Cargo Shorts  (Read 3102 times)

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
BDU Cargo Shorts
« on: August 01, 2005, 09:51:03 PM »
I have dozens of cargo shorts over the last few years, including issued BDUs. But nothing as comfortable, as tough, and as good looking as these. They are the best of all my cargo shorts and cheap, too! I am NOT affiliated with them but just wanted to let you all good people know. And RJ's pocket holster fits great in them! Also, the pockets are made of the same tough material as the short itself. Great for pocket guns!

Info here:
[link]http://www.countycomm.com/bdushorts.htm[/link]

Also, I find that the "Wilderness Original Intructor Belt (5-stitch option)" is the best gun belt for these BDU cargo shorts.

Here:

http://thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/36?osCsid=d1ebe66e029e0cace9c5d1c57314d4af

Cheers!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 09:57:57 PM by cuteo100 »

Offline Billmack

• Sharpshooter
Re: BDU Cargo Shorts
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 06:07:30 PM »
cuteo100,

After reading the threads on how to carry a second magazine, I started looking for new cargo shorts and pants. I needed more pocket space.

Noticing what some of the forum members were hauling around everyday, I realized I was traveling light. (lol)

I came across the web site for 5.11 tactical.  Good quality and prices.

Now, I have a second option, BDU.

Thanks for the heads up. Good looking stuff.

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 09:08:54 PM »
Those prices for the shorts and the belt are really pretty hard to beat. Looks like good quality stuff.
Mike
doubletapMike

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 10:29:44 PM »
They are very nice. I can tell you this, I waited 1/2 a year for them to make another batch in size Medium. They usually are out of stock extremely quick in that size and don't make more unless PD departments put in a big order. As we discuss, I believe the OD green is out-of-stock already in Medium.

Cheers!

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 08:00:12 AM »
I just bought some, and the belt. I'll have enough pockets for a while. Now watch, early winter.
Mike
doubletapMike

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 10:24:38 PM »
Look good...

Guys that have them-are they "sized" right for you??
Every different brand varies,thats why I ask..
Thanks for any info...

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 11:45:36 PM »
I'll let you know when mine arrive.

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 10:52:48 PM »
Well, I got my BDU shorts today, and they are great! And what a bargain at $20.00 each. I also bought a riggers belt and it works terrific. The company gave me great service, and with these prices I would say that if you want some, I'd order them fast as I don't think they will last at this price. Plenty of pockets! Now I've got a little more room for some other gear! LOL

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 12:31:27 AM »
...they are great!

Great to hear! I saw that they just got the long pants version in for an extra $2! WHAT A STEAL!!!

http://www.countycomm.com/bdupants.htm