Author Topic: Pocket Knife Traded for a New R9  (Read 13575 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Pocket Knife Traded for a New R9
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 08:21:32 PM »
SWEET!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 08:51:51 PM »
Bartering is great..

Great looking knives and great looking pups..

Thanks for the pics.. ;D

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 10:58:05 PM »
There is a lot of Bartering on this forum.  Kind of takes you back to days of long ago.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 05:09:16 PM »
Ops, now that is just great! Another place to spend money! :D
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

JimmyD

Re: Haven't svelt this good in ages...
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 10:21:46 PM »

I'll be in Fayette County, home of George C. Marshall, writer of the Marshall Plan (what else?;^). Oh, and Alice Cooper used to vacation every summer in Uniontown, where I'll be. Steve

Hey, I grew up in Hopwood, which I still consider home. I try to make it back there a few times a year to visit parents/family.

I haven't heard the Alice Cooper thing, are you joking? If not, where exactly did he vacation?

JD

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Rocket Number Nine...
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »

Hey, I grew up in Hopwood, which I still consider home. I try to make it back there a few times a year to visit parents/family.

I haven't heard the Alice Cooper thing, are you joking? If not, where exactly did he vacation?

JD

No, I am not kidding about Alice Cooper! I don't know where he stayed, other than his Grandparents house. If I find the article, I'll scan it and send it to you.

I was in Hopwood just yesterday, visiting my Father's grave. It's a peaceful place. I  grew up in Uniontown, then moved to Pittsburgh at 11th grade. I still consider Uniontown my home. The reunion was fabulous, and I LOVE that GA and PA have reciprocity wrt CCW laws.
What I did not know and always wondered about was carrying guns on the plane in checked baggage. I spoke with TSA and they said you can have a gun in the luggage if it's locked (I showed him my Life Jacket gun safe and he said that was perfect). He also said (and this is where I was misinformed) that I could carry ammo as well, as long as it was not loose, as in rolling around in your bags, meaning in an original container.
So, I can travel with my Rohrbaugh as long as it's to states with reciprocity.

Anyway, it's good to be back. So much happened in such a short time that it was like a time warp. I must return to Planet Earth...

Mork

"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 08:37:38 PM »
 Would like to hear the story of why you were there sometime.

Dave:

Perhaps one night, after three fingers of old bourbon, I'll get into that.  As things have developed, it appears to be shaping up as the last hurrah of an aging "Cold Warrior."  I came home to lick my wounds, recover from malaria, and then go back with a vengeance.  However, I happened by chance to meet the lady to whom I refer as my raison d'ętre.  (Best thing that ever happened to me.   8) )  

Africa?  Been there.  Done that.  I'm now at home, and at peace, in East Tennessee.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 09:49:21 PM »
Richard

When you write the book I want a signed copy.

Dave

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 07:26:36 AM »
Richard,

I will be in line behind Dave.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 10:55:14 AM »
Richard,
OK here goes another drift. But this is a good thread to do it.
A fine old bourbon is this single barrel called Blanton's. Or a small batch called Knobcreek
If you want to go to a special place try Bushmills Irish Whiskey, single malt 10, 16, 32 years old. But since you are a bourbon fan, you could try Bushmills Black Bush.
Tom

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 12:04:45 PM »
Tom:

Dave has given us permission to "drift" this thread at our pleasure.   ;)

Since settling down in Tennessee, I've developed a taste for good bourbon.  However, I've long admired a single malt Scotch or Irish whiskey.  I'll pick up a bottle of Bushmills and raise a toast to good health and good fortune for you and your wife during the coming year.

There were times in the African bush when the only things you could find to drink were palm wine (nasty stuff!), local beer (usually around 14% alcohol! ), and a vile concoction known as "ogongoro" (looks like gin, tastes like paint remover, leaves a life-threatening hangover, and is not to be confused with the town in Uganda of the same name!)  

Cheers!   8)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2005, 03:58:32 PM »
Richard, since you like bouron try Blanton's.
           Bushmills is always good stuff.
Tom

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Reached for the pillow, missed the whole darn bed.
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 04:16:23 PM »
Richard,
OK here goes another drift. But this is a good thread to do it.
A fine old bourbon is this single barrel called Blanton's. Or a small batch called Knobcreek
If you want to go to a special place try Bushmills Irish Whiskey, single malt 10, 16, 32 years old. But since you are a bourbon fan, you could try Bushmills Black Bush.
Tom

My drinking days are long over, (I had more beers this weekend [3], than I usually have in a whole year.  However, when I did drink, the most memorable of the distilled spirits world was Mescal. Now that stuff was psychedelic! Or spiked with something. One...

Steve
(PS-my last drink of whiskey was at a trade show when a pal o' mine who will absolutely remain nameless;^) brought in a sample of his old family recipe for Love Potion Number Nine. This stuff was so tasty, it made me want to be an alcoholic;*P  It's a good thing we don't live closer!!)

Steve
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2005, 07:13:37 PM »
Yes feel free to drift away.  A few more shots of the good stuff and Richard will be telling us where Hoffa is buried, what the government knows about UFOs and etc.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 08:36:05 PM »
Note to self:  Gretchen Wilson's song is right -- "Don't start no stuff when you're all Jacked up."   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"