Author Topic: Kimber Solo  (Read 8930 times)

Offline Dino

• Master
Re: Kimber Solo
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 03:59:28 PM »
Hey KJ, between my two son's and myself we have had 1 P32 and 5 P380's.  My son did have one P380 that was bought with a very rough bore, almost like it was not finished.  I sent just the barrel back and received a new one in less than two weeks.

No other problems with the rest.  It is a nice back up gun, very very easy to carry and who cares if you scratch it?

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
who cares if you scratch it?

The great benefit of Drastic Plastic.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 08:16:54 PM »
Knowing that Kel-Tec has a real gunsmith behind the gun makes a difference.

I talked with Larry Seecamp, and he is a genuis. These companies like sig sauer are run by New York sharpies, that know advertising, and stock market valuation hype. But know notrhing about machining and guns.

I just can't buy a plastic gun
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:26:02 PM by the_skunk »

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »
Knowing that Kel-Tec has a real gunsmith behind the gun makes a difference.

I talked with Larry Seecamp, and he is a genuis. These companies like sig sauer are run by New York sharpies, that know advertising, and stock market valuation hype. But know notrhing about machining and guns.

I just can't buy a plastic gun

I've never owned a small plastic gun, I have one Glock left in my small armament.I have stated many times that I bought an LWS 32 long before any of the copy cats came out and there was no need to try anything different after that.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
All guns have their place. Good or bad.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »
I didn't like Glocks for a long time because of the looks; now have two; really do like 'em; a Glock 33 .357 Sig, and a Glock 17, Gen 4 with night sights; coolest thing, those night sights.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

I've never owned a small plastic gun, I have one Glock left in my small armament.I have stated many times that I bought an LWS 32 long before any of the copy cats came out and there was no need to try anything different after that.

The first thing that struck me about Raughbauh was it was all metal.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
And that's a good thing; I like that as well.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 11:16:30 AM »
I did not know I liked an all metal gun until I started buying Rohrbaughs.

I sold off most om my polymer guns and replaced them with metal guns.

I still cannot give up my M&P 9 though.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
I did not know I liked an all metal gun until I started buying Rohrbaughs.

I sold off most om my polymer guns and replaced them with metal guns.

I still cannot give up my M&P 9 though.

And you shouldn't; one fine gun.  I have an M & P as well.  No one is getting it.  It has a really good feel that even the new Glock doesn't have; still like the Glock, though.    :)

Offline T-Wayne

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »
One thing I did not like about the Solo Carry is the VERY slim thumb safety.  I'm a 1911 guy; carry cocked and locked with confidence, and instinctively release the thumb safety when I draw.  But I handled a Solo three weeks back and IMHO, during a panicked draw it will be easy to choke on the Solo's thumb safety - even with a lot of practice.  Darn thing is too narrow... for my taste, anyway.  YMMV

Of course, the Solo can be carried with the safety off, as the trigger pull is about 7 lb.; but if a gun is manufactured to be carried with the safety on, I personally would not carry it otherwise.  Just my $.02 - others, I'm sure, will disagree.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
Ken, I sold all my Glocks when the M&P line came out. I always liked the reliability of the Glock product, just not the feel in my hand. I feel the M&P has the same reliability in a more comfortable package! :)

As for the Solo and Sig 239, I feel they both have a small thumb safety. They are nice looking guns, just not for me.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 01:41:02 PM »
I still like the Glocks though; they're going to stay; and how I used to despise their looks; now, not bad at all.

Now I'm going to have to find a Silver Solo!    :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:42:08 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »
Good luck! :)

I will let you know if I come across one.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »
Not sure I want one; just have to find it and look it over.    ;)