Author Topic: Earned My Certificate  (Read 11133 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Earned My Certificate
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »
  We took the tour of the Jamison Distillery today and I received my certificate as an official taster, it was a tough course but I toughed it out. ;D

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Earned My Certificate
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:26:03 PM »
Way to go John.  I'm sure that was an enjoyable course, even if it was tough.    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:33:50 PM »
Quite likely you will need to brush up on this topic frequently to maintain competence.  ;D
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »
Quite likely you will need to brush up on this topic frequently to maintain competence.  ;D

I thought that might be the case so I bought a bottle of the Distillery Reserve (12years old) this is only available at the Distillery.
  I was looking at the 20 year old Whisky but the $365 a bottle price brought me back to my senses. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »
John, I am truly impressed, and a bit envious to tell the truth. I am not so certified . . . yet. Becoming so was just added to my "Bucket List."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »

Why not be triple certified and finish the course at Bushmills. You're on a roll in the auld sod.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »
I don't think we will make it to Bushmills before we leave for Paris.
  I'm looking forward to the trip to Paris, were flying to London and riding the Eurostar (high speed train) to Paris, only 2 1/2 hours and speeds up to 196 mph. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »

Happy chunneling.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 09:49:53 AM »
John:

If you're feeling flush, make reservations for dinner at Le Tour d'Argent, 15, quai de la Tournelle, 75005 Paris, and prepare to be amazed -- not only by the wine and food . . .  but also by something called "le chèque."  ;)  

http://www.latourdargent.com/reservation/restaurant

Bon appétit.

But especially, don't miss the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz Hotel. That one should be considered a shrine.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 11:19:23 AM »
Richard I just did a little on line investigation into Le Tour d'Argent and it appears if we ate there after paying the bill we may have to skip going on to Rome. :'(
  Now if you would PM me your Diners Club card number..... ;D

But thanks for the recommendation.
  We will check out the Hemingway Bar. :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:21:00 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 12:29:44 PM »
John.  While in Paris, I know the Eiffel Tower is a given, however, do enjoy; fantastic!    :D

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:51:37 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 03:38:28 PM »

When you have had enough of Three Star Michelins here is one for just good, simple, basic fare, prix fixe, and three Paris locations:

http://www.relaisdevenise.com/

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 08:57:02 PM »

One more piece of unsolicited advice: by all means visit Musee Marmottan, a small out of the way Impressionist museum near Bois de Boulogne. There are some incredible Monets there and much less stressful than the Louvre.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »
I don't think we will make it to Bushmills before we leave for Paris.
  I'm looking forward to the trip to Paris, were flying to London and riding the Eurostar (high speed train) to Paris, only 2 1/2 hours and speeds up to 196 mph. :D

John.  Where are you?  Are you now in Paris?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 09:27:21 PM by kjtrains »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »
Yes we are in Paris, yesterday we visited the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur. Quite an amazing church.
  The area is all hills with lots of stairs. ;D
Very nice here but much harder to communicate, I guess I should have paid more attention in French class when I took in High School. ;D

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson