Author Topic: Earned My Certificate  (Read 11416 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Earned My Certificate
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 01:10:07 PM »
Thanks for the pics!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »
Really poor internet at the place we are staying here in Rome, I haven't been able to get on in several days. Pics would be out of the question for now as they would take for ever to load.
  I will try to get to a Wi-Fi site in the next few days to get a faster connection. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2011, 12:03:54 PM »
Really poor internet at the place we are staying here in Rome, I haven't been able to get on in several days. Pics would be out of the question for now as they would take for ever to load.
  I will try to get to a Wi-Fi site in the next few days to get a faster connection. :D

John.  Figured that was the case.  Good to see you getting through.  Continue to enjoy.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 04:50:37 AM »
The connection here is by Bluetooth with the use of a Dongle and only my Wife's MacBook will work with it (hers is newer than mine)
  Anyway Rome is awesome the people are great, the food is great and the sights are unbelievable, the Coliseum and other ruins are fascinating. The old architecture is hard to believe they did it with crude hand tools and I can't imagine the time involved to carve all that stone with the detail it has.
  If I get my computer to a Wi-Fi spot I'll post some pics.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
The connection here is by Bluetooth with the use of a Dongle and only my Wife's MacBook will work with it (hers is newer than mine)
  Anyway Rome is awesome the people are great, the food is great and the sights are unbelievable, the Coliseum and other ruins are fascinating. The old architecture is hard to believe they did it with crude hand tools and I can't imagine the time involved to carve all that stone with the detail it has.
  If I get my computer to a Wi-Fi spot I'll post some pics.

Good to hear from you, John.  Hope you get to a Wi-Fi.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »
OK here is one everyone will recognize.

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 08:39:29 PM »
Ave Caesar, qui morituri te salutant.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 07:46:58 PM »
Now that is one place I would to see!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »
Well we are back in Dublin and headed back to NC on  Saturday. We had our Thanksgiving dinner today at the Brazen Head Pub (Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, carrots and cabbage and Baileys Cheesecake for desert also a couple of pints of Guiness)

The Brazen Head Pub is the oldest Pub in Ireland.

Here is a little info on it.

The Brazen Head is officially Ireland's oldest pub, dating back to 1198. While it is unclear how much of the original 11th century coach house is still intact, there is a palpable sense of history within these timeworn walls. If you are looking for the true Irish pub experience then the Brazen Head Pub should be your first port of call.

1198  :o :o

The meal was great and the atmosphere was wonderful.

We visited St. Peters in Rome before we left and it is truly an amazing structure, you could spend two days looking at all the sculptures and paintings along with the fantastic architecture.
  The place is enormous and every inch is decorated with elaborate moldings, sculptures, paintings etc.

Here are a couple of pictures I took.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:55:19 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 08:30:29 PM »
Excellent pictures, John.  Good to see some more of Rome.  Thanks!  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
Well we are back in Dublin and headed back to NC on  Saturday. We had our Thanksgiving dinner today at the Brazen Head Pub (Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, carrots and cabbage and Baileys Cheesecake for desert also a couple of pints of Guiness)

The Brazen Head Pub is the oldest Pub in Ireland.

Here is a little info on it.

The Brazen Head is officially Ireland's oldest pub, dating back to 1198. While it is unclear how much of the original 11th century coach house is still intact, there is a palpable sense of history within these timeworn walls. If you are looking for the true Irish pub experience then the Brazen Head Pub should be your first port of call.

1198  :o :o

The meal was great and the atmosphere was wonderful.

John:

It is amazing to consider that the Brazen Head Pub was established during the last year of the reign of England's King Richard I ("Richard the Lionheart"). At the time, Richard's youngest brother, John (the Prince John of "Robin Hood" legend), was Lord of Ireland, having been so named in 1177 by his father, King Henry II.

That is one historic place to raise a pint . . . or three!

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »
We have had a great time and saw some truly amazing things but it will be good to get back to the USA, as interesting as it is over here there's no place like home. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 07:26:07 PM »
We have had a great time and saw some truly amazing things but it will be good to get back to the USA, as interesting as it is over here there's no place like home. ;D

Always great to pull in the driveway!    :D