Author Topic: cwc Decides To Leave Forum  (Read 9683 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
cwc Decides To Leave Forum
« on: January 23, 2012, 11:08:37 AM »
cwc has decided to leave the Rohrbaugh Forum.  I, for one, will miss his being here.  He had enormous knowledge of the history of the Rohrbaugh pistols.  The knowledge he shared on the Forum will also be missed.  Corey, hope you return.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:24:00 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Recluse

• Expert
Re: cwc Decides To Leave Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »
Bummer.

Hope he comes back to visit now and then.....

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 11:41:13 AM »
I really don't know the circumstances, and I am sorry to see him go.

However, before leaving, he removed almost 2,000 posts, and maybe hundreds of threads.  In the process, this removed related "reply" posts by many other members.  I don't care about the post volume in particular, but I don't like the fact that our information archive has been depleted in some respects.  Removing posts from threads can make them difficult to follow, and removing entire threads robs us of information that should have been preserved.  Part of the reason I put so much effort into the software conversion was to ensure that the wealth of information we have assembled here remains intact.

I have changed the forum settings to prevent users from deleting threads they start -- and also from being able to delete their account without my approval.  If you have any questions, or ever want to be "deleted" -- just let me know.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:49:11 AM by DDGator »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Blueeyedme

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
Sounds like a good policy Duane...I think people generally understand that when they post something it's out there forever.  Disappointing that someone can go and remove post and in some cases entire threads but I am sure that the collective knowledge resides with all of us.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
I an sorry to hear Corey is leaving us. :(

I hope one day he will return and share his knowledge.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
Some of this knowledge can't be replaced.  Looks like the software to the Forum should have a backup, so in case of a crash could be restored, however, in this case, maybe not.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:30:16 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:39:47 PM »
There is a back-up, but it's not selective -- and we would have to restore the entire thing from a particular point. 
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 01:06:29 PM »
There is a back-up, but it's not selective -- and we would have to restore the entire thing from a particular point.

Sent you a PM.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 01:38:16 PM »

Selling all of his R9s and deleting all of these threads and posts takes a fair amount of time, effort, and resolve.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 01:41:13 PM »
Didn't take too long to delete the posts.  I was here when it started last night and when it stopped; about an hour.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 01:43:41 PM »

It is considerable time when the round trip of posting and deleting is taken into account.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 01:50:48 PM »

Selling all of his R9s and deleting all of these threads and posts takes a fair amount of time, effort, and resolve.

An hour is an hour anyway you look at it!    :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:57:41 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
I am very sorry to hear Corey has left the Forum. I consider him a friend, a gentleman, a very knowledgeable gun enthusiast and I truly wish him and his family the best. I am also sorry to hear we have also lost part of the history he helped create here on the forum. I will truly miss him. I hope he is OK.
Phil

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
Haven't been here that long.  Didn't know Corey well, but seemed like a decent guy.  He must have been really angry/disappointed at one or all of us to not just leave, but to erase all signs that he had ever been here...almost a forum "suicide."  I am sensitive to this as a long time friend and co-worker ate his pistol last week without warning.  Hope Corey is OK.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »
I too am very sorry to hear that Corey has left. Even in the short time I have been a member of this forum he sent me multiple PMs and graciously answered all of my questions about these fine pistols.

I actually have copies of a lot of the pictures he posted of the early Farmingdales and will work on re-posting them in a new thread if that is of interest to other members. Hopefully others have some copies as well and we can do our best to recreate some of what was once here. Having all of the information on the forum really made me interested in collecting these guns when originally I was just looking for a nice pocket 9mm to carry. I am sure the forum has had the same effect on others so I fell it is important to try and get a lot of the information back out there so people will continue to become interested in learning the history of these guns.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.