Author Topic: cwc Decides To Leave Forum  (Read 10129 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: cwc Decides To Leave Forum
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
I do not recall that Corey and I ever communicated directly, and as far as I know all of our exchanges on the Forum have been entirely cordial. The link below may contain his final post here, contained as a quotation imbedded in one of mine. It was therefore not deleted during his "purge."

If our exchange was a factor in his decision to leave the Forum, deleting all of his posts and those threads he had originated that contained the posts of others, I am more than a little perplexed. And if that were a factor, I greatly regret that he chose not to communicate with me by private message before doing such a thing. 

In any event, I wish him well.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5955.30
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »
Richard,

That minor exchange is disproportional to the alleged response. There have to be other issues outside of the bounds of Rohrbaugh and this forum to warrant such a reaction.

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
Lets END this back and forth,  if members want to Leave, So Be It,  we are here for one reason to enjoy a Good Forum with Good Members,
if members are Not Happy here, have a Nice Life on another Forum.  Now Ladies and Gentelman lets get back to Rohrbaugh Business.

Thank You :) :) :) :) :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »

Great idea. If this thread hadn't been started on 1/23 most of us wouldn't have known about it. There must be a message there also.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 07:14:01 PM »
All,

I received an email from Corey.  He had personal reasons for leaving that have been developing for some time.  I am not sure the specifics are relevant or important, or even that I understand all of them.  However, he is fine -- he has just chosen to move on.

Corey didn't fully realize what he was doing with the deletions, and didn't intend to delete other members' posts in the process.  He didn't think he had the ability to do that -- and frankly the software shouldn't have allowed it.    He sends his apologies to the forum for the loss of the information.  He has offered to make hundreds of R-9 photos in a Photobucket account available through another forum member, and I encouraged him to do that.

I don't believe any "vandalism" was intended -- only a severing of ties.  I believe he would have done this differently if he had understood the impact.  However, I have told him that there are no hard feelings.

I agree that we all should move on and not beat a dead horse.

Duane, thank you for the update.
What you wrote above is well received and well written.