Author Topic: OPERATION HELP SAVE DOZER  (Read 10015 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: OPERATION HELP SAVE DOZER
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 11:33:21 PM »
Been there too.  My first dog was a terrier for Christmas when I was 6.  That dog wore herself out chasing me through woods and streams and other peoples back yards when I was a kid.  We'd both come in tired, dirty and covered with tick.  Saved my butt in a neighborhood gang fight when I was 10...took a guy off my back by biting him in the leg and chased him down the street.  I had to put her down when she was 18 years old.  Loved that little mutt!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
I like to think that right about now an exceptional English Bulldog named Dozer --

is riding the thousand winds with an exceptional Hungarian Vizsla named Gypsy --

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
Very sorry, Adam.  The sadness fades and the memories of the great friendship will remain.  God bless.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »
I like to think that right about now an exceptional English Bulldog named Dozer --

is riding the thousand winds with an exceptional Hungarian Vizsla named Gypsy --

I like the sound of that.  Thanks Richard.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 11:18:19 PM »
Very sorry, Adam.  The sadness fades and the memories of the great friendship will remain.  God bless.

Thanks Gator.

I think that my current depression is not really about my dog, but the more I think about it, it is my selfishness.  I have to keep reminding myself that the selfish thing is to mourn him, because he won't be in my life anymore, but rather I should celebrate and him and be happy he isn't suffering. 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »
All grief is selfish...it is about loss and unwelcome change, but grief is a normal human emotion and should be embraced.  Stages:  shock, disbelief (denial), bargaining, anger, guilt, depression, acceptance.  Denial of grief is unhealthy, as is becoming "stuck" in a stage before acceptance.  You are doing fine.  Go find yourself a little "Dozer" and watch the circle of life keep turning, as it does for all living things.  Ol' Dozer didn't keep any sissy humans around the house, so don't disappoint him!  John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »
Adam, it's so tough going thru this. Just love and hang on to the memories of your time together, he will always be in your heart. Hard to say this but a new puppy will ease the pain.  :'( Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »
A puppy, yes...  it's a vicious cycle, isn't it?  :D

Just when you think you can't find a dog you love as much as the last one...you tend to find it.  Great dogs have a way of finding great humans.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »
A puppy, yes...  it's a vicious cycle, isn't it?  :D

Just when you think you can't find a dog you love as much as the last one...you tend to find it.  Great dogs have a way of finding great humans.

+1
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »
I've turned down 2 offers from friends for a dog.  I just can't stomach the thought of replacing Dozer so soon.  I know it might be for the best, however I know that I'm not at the acceptance stage yet.  In time, I'll get another I'm sure.  For now I'm just trying to become accustomed to the quiet house again.  It's been just me and him here.  I'm just realizing how quiet it is without all the little noises he makes.   And with Bulldogs, even when they are sleeping, they are loud!
- George Washington

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 03:47:06 AM »
Thank you for your donations to the Dozer Fund however, he has passed and I will have the remainder of his medial bills paid shortly after the contributions made by our wonderful forum members and the sale of my 2 Pythons.  Don't get me wrong, you are more than welcome to to donate to "Operation Send Adam Money", and the email address is the same!, but the Dozer fund will no longer be necessary.

Once again, there are not words that can adequately describe my gratitude for what this forum has done.  Thanks again and you all have my up most respect.

-Adam
- George Washington