Author Topic: Remington RM380 released!  (Read 72646 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Remington RM380 released!
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »
I am concerned that my new RM380 has a trigger that feels like I'm reeling in a 30 lb Bluefish...but I like the rest of the gun, especially for the price. Do you think that this should take a trip to my gunsmith?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline HLGJr

« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »
My dealers cost was $299. I don't know how they can sell them that cheap.

Offline HLGJr

« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »
Hi Cargaritaville,
My RM380's trigger is almost as good as my R9s. Another RM380 that I held at my dealer's had a rough trigger. There seems to be a big difference from gun to gun. I suppose a gunsmith could fix it.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2015, 01:40:56 PM »
I am concerned that my new RM380 has a trigger that feels like I'm reeling in a 30 lb Bluefish...but I like the rest of the gun, especially for the price. Do you think that this should take a trip to my gunsmith?

Norm, no doubt that a Gunsmith could help it.  The trigger on mine is pretty good, but there is a slight increase right before it breaks which does not bother me in the least and I think it probably will get better.

I would shoot the pistol some before I took it to the Gunsmith and see if it changes any.  JMO

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »

John,
In response to your question on 11/16 about a heavier caliber primary carry weapon I recommend the Glock 36 for size, caliber, and concealed carry purposes. Although it is a single stack with six round magazines it is a very handy and accurate pistol, imo.
https://us.glock.com/products/model/g36

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2015, 05:06:17 PM »

Norm, no doubt that a Gunsmith could help it.  The trigger on mine is pretty good, but there is a slight increase right before it breaks which does not bother me in the least and I think it probably will get better.

I would shoot the pistol some before I took it to the Gunsmith and see if it changes any.  JMO

I think that I will take your advice. I'll let you know. Thanks.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2015, 12:11:57 AM »
The trigger I tried was smooth but then it hit a wall - that's how I describe it.  It took a lot of pressure to get that trigger to break.  It was like my R9 until the very last when it hit a wall (only way I know how to describe it).

Are there gunsmiths who charge less that $100 to even look at a gun nowadays?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2015, 09:21:48 PM »
I finally took the RM380 to the range this afternoon.

I shot 20 Hydra Shoks, 24 Hornady Critial Duty, and 42 Walmart Winchester White Box FMJ's.  No failures of any kind and the slide locked back on every last shot.  I used both of the supplied magazines.

After I got used to the trigger, I was able to shoot some descent groups, 3" to 4" at 7 yards.  Mild recoil, I could shoot it all day.

If it had real sights, I think it would be very accurate.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2015, 09:56:23 PM »
Thanks, worth a consideration.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2015, 08:13:38 PM »
I was cleaning a couple of pistols today and straightening up my reloading bench getting ready to load some 460 Rowlands when I notice my kitchen scale sitting there.

I put the RM380 with an empty magazine and it weighed in at 13.8 ounces.  I got out a R380 and put it on the scale with an empty mag.  It came in at 15.4 ounces which surprised me.  Now the R380 had VZ grips which have to be heavier, but I was still surprised.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2016, 02:52:29 PM »

I am glad that I am not the only one who had trouble getting it back together the first time.

It took me awhile to see what I was doing wrong at first.  I have never had the same trouble with a Rohrbaugh.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »
I've also never had the pin just fall out like that... it always took a push from the other side.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »
At the near end of the video, he shot and hit a gong several times. It looked to me that the gong was about 100 feet out, or more?