Author Topic: Pup off to be groomed  (Read 39960 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Pup off to be groomed
« on: June 25, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »
I just sent the pup off to Robar for a full NP3 treatment (frame , slide, internals and two mags) they say turn around time is four to six weeks. I will carry the LCP in the vacant pocket while I wait for the pup to return. Pic's and a range report will be posted after we are reunited.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: Pup off to be groomed
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 04:58:28 PM »
Excellent! What is the cost?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »
Sounds good!  Looking forward to pics and report!   :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »
That sounds like a worthy venture; I don't know the price through
Rohrbaugh but the cost from Robar is $285 for the complete pistol
and 1 magazine. They don't specify make, model, etc..

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 05:30:38 PM »
Robar has a show special still running until the end of June 15% off. So the cost was $285 and $20 for the extra mag. after the discount $259.25 plus shipping both ways it will be about $325.
John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »
Sounds like money well spent; an all expenses paid vacation for your R9 and he comes home relaxed and tanned.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 08:36:25 PM »
That is a good price and if that's what someone wants, go for it.  Will cost more next month.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 10:32:34 PM »
Sweet!  I've been thinking about the same treatment on one of mine ever since that picture of one from the shot show.  Cant wait to hear how it goes.
Corey

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:56:17 PM »
Four more days to save 15%!   :D    :D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »
John:

That sounds like a plan! I'll be looking forward to seeing the photographs of your "newly groomed pup."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 12:25:50 AM »
I thought I would check the price of getting the front and backstraps stippled while the pup was at the groomers, so I called to get a price on the work $160 each Needless to say  the pup will be returning home unstippled.
John
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:28:54 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 12:39:29 AM »
3M tape works great: front, back, and sides: $1.00

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »
I thought I would check the price of getting the front and backstraps stippled while the pup was at the groomers, so I called to get a price on the work $160 each Needless to say  the pup will be returning home unstippled.
John

Thats VERY high for stippling work.  You can get it checkered cheaper than that.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »
Concur with Corey as to high cost. You would think that the guy would give you preferential treatment for stippling, given the fact that he already had the gun and adding to work would by like "bundling" with a communication subscriber.

Unfortunately, it appears that the guy, instead, gave you an untenable number. Did you try to point this out to the gunsmith and negotiate a better number?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
This is Robar I was talking to and they have set prices on there web site, the  backstrap or front on any gun is $160. My thought was on the R9 there was less area than on a double stack 1911 and may be cheaper. Only shows how wrong you can be sometimes.
John
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:52:02 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson