Author Topic: Pup off to be groomed  (Read 39978 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: Pup off to be groomed
« Reply #195 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:05 PM »
Is the Meco holster a pocket or belt carry? Fantastic delivery.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2009, 08:53:56 PM »
  It's a front pocket model made of "Armagator" Robert specifically pointed out that while it was real leather, it was not alligator. I told Him that was ok that He and I were too old to be chasing 'gators anyway!
birdman

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2009, 09:33:14 PM »
Cool. I have seen the type of leather you mentioned. There is a way to "distress" conventional leather to make it look like alligator.

For the record, (help me out Floridians), there are metric tons of alligators out there. My understanding is that Endangered Species Act turned them into a nuisance. Am I right?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2009, 11:08:23 PM »
They are still protected somewhat as one has to be licensed by the state in order to be a "trapper" of the nusiance lizards... There is also permits that one can apply for to actually hunt them but it is hard to get one I think. I haven't personnaly tried. I have better things to do than tromp around in a swamp. My days of that crud died when I left military days. Quite tasty critters however!

More info can be found on FWC (Florida Wildlife Commission) website
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2009, 12:42:38 AM »
They should open up a season on iguanas and those Burmese Pythons.  

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2009, 12:59:54 AM »

I'm waiting for open season on the Crocogators. Texas rattlesnakes are a bit thin for holsters.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2009, 07:44:13 AM »

Speaking of which, and with apologies for thread drift, do you all remember this one?

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Water;action=display;num=1153101463;start=90#90
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »
I have two "one off" custom bowie knives that are sheathed in rattlesnake and python, respectively.

To tracker's point, rattlesnake, or any other snake, is not thick enough to stand alone. Instead, the two snake skins are stitched onto the facade of leather sheaths by Treestump Leather in Maine.

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #203 on: November 19, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »

I'd rather see a season on politicians....

They "hiss and squeeze" at us just like the two sleazy, slithering critters you mention above.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:17:55 AM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional