Author Topic: New R9 Model for 2011  (Read 42051 times)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: New R9 Model for 2011
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2012, 06:44:22 AM »
Tmobileguy

I do like the gun more after seeing the Shot Show pictures. I still would like to we one in person prior to buying it. If you are interested in one, you can call Maria @ Rohrbaugh to see when they are available.

I also would like to see some pictures on one of a fellow forum member purchases one.

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »
There is an article with pictures in the Shot Show newsletter I got this morniing from Gunsamerica.com. 

[url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/rohrbaugh-firearms-at-shot-2012//url]

I read the article, and being away from this forum for a few months, i didnt know they moved the operation to Brooklyn. Where is it located, and can we get a look at the manufacturing process there?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2012, 08:59:55 AM »
Joe,

I had the privilege of touring the old factory, but haven't been to the new location yet.  They don't offer tours to the general public.  They are actually subject to some state and federal laws in that respect.  Most gun companies have ended public access.

S&W still does public factory tours -- although there are places that are off limits.  As a member of the media, I have been able to visit the Sig factory and the Colt factory -- but not without jumping through a lot of hoops.  Security was VERY tight at the Colt Defense side of Colt because of government requirements.  There were many things I could not photograph, and a few things I could not even see.

But back to your point -- there really aren't any public tours of the factory.  I suppose there are some exceptions, but not too many.

If you are ever in Massachusetts and have a chance to sign up for the S&W Tour -- you should do it.  The S&W tour was the best mix of history, technology and generally cool stuff to see.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:28 PM »
You cant help but wonder, since Bloomberg is the most anti-gun politician in the country, and would love to see the entire public population disarmed, why would a gun manufacturer locate operations there, thereby supporting such an administration through taxes?

Offline JohnBT

« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
I don't wonder about it at all.

John

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2012, 12:32:35 PM »
I just read this morning that Bloomberg and the Boston Mayor are going to run one of there anti gun, gun control ads during the Super Bowl. :(

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2012, 03:01:21 PM »

The factory is still in Deer Park, not Brooklyn. The writer from Gunsamerica doesn't know Brooklyn from Bayport much less Deer Park.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »

The factory is still in Deer Park, not Brooklyn. The writer from Gunsamerica doesn't know Brooklyn from Bayport much less Deer Park.

What Tracker said.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"