Author Topic: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...  (Read 52511 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 02:49:27 PM »
Ryan, you are correct, good eye.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 02:57:18 PM »
Ryan:

In the face of proof beyond a reasonable doubt I have no option but to throw myself on the mercy of the court.  ;)

I must stop posting to the Forum using an iPhone and start reading my Photobucket image notes. I still have no recollection of why I would photo-shop the trigger guard from my R9 and save the result. It may have been the time several years ago when I first purchased photo editing software and was producing stuff such as this:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
Richard,

While your taste in exquisite firearms seems to have remained unchanged, your photo editing abilities have improved significantly over the years. :)

Cheers,
Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »
Hey Ryan, what's taking you so long to post your stuff sir? C'mon with it  ;D

I would like to check out a couple of your prized R9's.

Don't you have an elite premium? Or is that someone else I'm thinking of?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 02:11:53 PM »
Quote from Richard S: As for the tools, Josh, the photo below includes them all except the "Paperclip" tool developed by R. J. Hedley just before his death.  End quote

Ok I used the R.J. Hedley paper clip technique and it was genius. Thanks ALOT for posting your pics Richard. This one picture gained me one simple tool which has saved me sore fingers and a lot of frustration. So simple! So quick! So Easy!

As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Show off those Rohrbaughs fellas. Let others see what ya got. You may inspire someone to do something with their R9 they haven't thought of. Or make a simple tool. Or order some grips. Or refinish their beat up looking R9. Or... Who can tell?

Any way you slice it, letting the gun world know how flat cool your Rohrbaugh is can only help the Rohrbaugh legacy, Rohrbaugh value and Rohrbaugh future enterprises (whatever that may be). Maybe posting a pic on the forum is a good way to do that.

You fellas know we get visitors here. Give them a spot to go to to see what this illusive R9 really is in all of its glory! Some of the stock photos don't do justice to the following photos Posted by others : )

Bling alert!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:50:16 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »
My 2 Rohrbaugh's and their big brothers.  Well, at least to me:)

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 05:38:11 PM »
Continued..

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »
Nice set up covert!

Is the texture on your stealth grip something you added? I see one pic of Richards has something similar, yet it's a little different pattern.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:27:05 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 06:08:05 PM »
Thanks guys.  4306 was sent to Robar for NP3 finish and I bought 3618 as is, in all black.  I saw a post on here from someone a while back that had a SF and only 3 or 4 serial numbers of  mine. He stated he bought it at the shot show in 2009 from Mr. Rohrbaugh.  My warranty card is initialed by Eric Rohrbaugh and I'm assuming it may also be a SF but I have no idea.  Previous owner could have sent it to Wilson.  It is the same color/finish as a covert I guess.

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »
Sorry Josh, I didn't answer your question.  That's the way the grips came.  I've see them on other Rohrbaugh's on-line.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 06:42:40 PM »
Great looking set of pistols sir. Thanks for the post.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 08:35:21 PM »
Sorry Josh, I didn't answer your question.  That's the way the grips came.  I've see them on other Rohrbaugh's on-line.

That R3618 looks like a factory Rohrbaugh R9 Special Forces model. Those grips were custom made for us by Pat Hogue. We put those on the Special Forces models and sold them to owners of other R9s so they too could add them to personalize their gun. I always liked that style with the flat area with the family crest and the arched area with the checkered, more aggressive grip area. Yes, one of my favorite grip deigns for our gun. A nice collection by the way. Beautiful.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 10:36:21 PM »
The factory robar models also had those grips, right?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Yes they did Will. Good observation.   
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:36:33 PM by C0untZer0 »