Author Topic: Show off your R9... I'm sure there are other pic threads on here, but...  (Read 52883 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Nice pics guys! Of course I love looking at the Pups and their kennels!
I've posted several pics over the years of my Pups,and I will have to take the time and take a couple more poses!  8)

And thanks for the bling alerts! ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline ECR

• Grand Master

Nice COuntZer0!   A fine example of a stock R9 Stealth. . . . . . Sweet.    ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
My R9 Stealth with Black Cherry VZ grips...

Ted

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
When John from VZ sent us some different colored samples, these were my favorite. It makes the R9 look more old school as if it was a blued steel gun with wood grips. . . very traditional look Ted.

Love it!

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
Thanks, Eric; I agree. I think she's a real looker, but I'm a little biased!
Ted

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
That's still a fine looking R9S you have there Richard!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Thank you, Eric. And it was good to have the one who made the pistol give it a thorough examination during your recent visit to Critter Creek. Please plan to come back soon and bring your lovely wife. She and Joyce would get along famously.

For all of the Forum members out there, watching Eric take down and reassemble an R9 is amazing. Talk about fast! No tools. No wasted motion. Just amazingly fast.

_____

One small edit: As to tools, I seem to remember that Eric did deign to pick up the brass punch from my pile of tools to nudge the barrel pin out of the frame, then removing the pin with finger and thumb. He could have used something as simple as a toothpick just as effectively as the expensive brass punch.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:25:09 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
I bet, you should have timed him and YouTubed it for us. Eric any time your my way in AZ you can look at mine if you want and show me the correct way of assembly/disassembly, I am game. I'll even buy you a drink for your time.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Well now. . . . . This time next spring (Late April - Early May) I'll be traveling across country in my SUV as I don't do well riding for 8 hours a day on the motorcycle anymore. I'm still hurtin' from my tour last month. I'll be visiting my son in Las Cruces, NM.  How far away are you from there? I'm game if it isn't that far. I could possibly tour the states on my way home and arrange to meet other R9 owners along the way and go over their firearms for a room, some food and brandy for the night. This has promise!  lol   8)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Eric: You and your wife are always welcome here in Sarasota, FL. I have to warn you first...the weather is addictive here!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
Will your travel plans be taking you through Texas by chance, Eric?
Ted

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
Hi Richard,

I'm stuck at my desk for the next week or so, having just gotten home from my second hip replacement in 2 months.  The stairs to the workshop look entirely to dangerous at this point.  I have been catching up on my forum reading and was very glad to hear that you still like your Elephant grips.  It was a pleasure to make those for you. 

Brian
Designergrips@Gmail.com
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:10:08 AM by Brian »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Nice work you do Brian.

In ref. to Sarasota, Fl. and Texas. . . . . We'll see. . . . As time goes on, we may have to make a Rohrbaugh Tour Map for next year and put your names on it. . . . . If a few of you are close together, we can make an outing for those together in a common area. This has great potential folks! 

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
I have always admired the R9 Elites even though I had never actually seen one in person.  I picked this up a couple of weeks ago and I have to say they look better in person.

My photography skills suck but here it is.  Does anyone know if those are the correct grips?