Author Topic: Beretta 21A Bobcat Grip Suggestions?  (Read 23818 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Beretta 21A Bobcat Grip Suggestions?
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:46:54 PM »
So I have this Beretta Bobcat (21A).  Had one way back when they first came out and actually carried it concealed in Ohio in the early/mid eighties when I worked the graveyard shift at a gas station.  Yes I know I was illegal as all heck and I now know better, but even then figured it was better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.    Anyway, I traded that original 21A for a set of small block chevy heads in the mid 90’s.  So, many of you know how it goes, I wanted another 21A just because.  So here I sit with this thing and I want to dress it up with some nice grips.  Any suggestions?

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Beretta 21A Bobcat Grip Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 01:01:36 AM »
Here are a couple of places you can check.

tp://www.grips4guns.com/pistol/beretta/bobcat.html

and I believe this is the guy who was making the CF grips for the pups.

http://www.designergrips.com/

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:20:17 AM »
Outstanding!  Thanks!  Probably shouldn't internet shop after a couple cold ones, but what the heck.....
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:12:24 PM »
Been thinking about one of these and have one located, still, in stainless; just in a holding pattern for now.  Tracker here on the Forum likes his; how's the performance with yours?  Just curious.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 01:08:05 PM »
I have not yet shot this particular one, but my previous 21A always functioned flawlessly. Back when I had it, CCI Stingers were still fairly new as was something from Remington called Yellow Jackets.  I don't recall ever having any issues with it.  When I bought this current one, the gun salesman, a retired law officer, said one saved his life back in the early 90's when he had it as a backup gun.  He stated the same, that he never had a problem with it consuming whatever ammo he put in it.  Given the choice, I probably would have gotten the stainless.  I traveled nearly 2 hrs to get this one, as it was $110 less than the local gun store.  I was able to get this one on a military base, where the Exchange sells guns, with discounted prices and the added benefit of sales tax.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 01:15:51 PM »
Seems like the stainless is now popping up in stock as I have gotten several emails in the past three weeks.  Thanks.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »
AT:

I used to have a Beretta 21A "back in the day" -- between marriages. It was a fine little pistol. That pop-up barrel did, however, once put a temporary crimp in my social life. A certain young lady I allowed to shoot the pistol had a hot brass casing fall straight down between . . . .  Well, you get the picture.

She dropped me like a bad habit and took up with some nerd who wouldn't have known the difference between a Beretta and a Colt. Looking back on it, that little Beretta saved me from a fate worse than death.   ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
Now that sounds like a good reason to get that Beretta!    ;D

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »
So the moral of that story is that some hot brass cost you some hot a$$, but saved you from a lifetime of serious sass and perhaps a pile of cold cash….okay, so I’m no poet, but Toads were never known for being humorous…  ;D
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 07:27:06 PM »
Now I'll award four on that one!  I thought it was humorous!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:32:39 PM by kjtrains »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

I think you have it wired, Toad; very entertaining and spot on point.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »
As the Garth Brooks song puts it, "Thank God for unanswered prayers."   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »

I think the Toad's words may be a good start on a new song.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 09:15:31 PM »
I think you're right!    ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
Not a bad little gun.

Twenty years ago, All the Tyler cops carrier that little gem as a backup.

A buddy of mine who was  an officer at that time said he could almost hit anything as good and as far away with his little model 21 as he could with his duty gun (92f).

And he was a gun guy, so he could "shoot" his duty gun.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE