Author Topic: Beretta 21A Bobcat Grip Suggestions?  (Read 23815 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Beretta 21A Bobcat Grip Suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »
Excellent.  That's the kind of info I'm liking to hear about this little one.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline WhittlersMama

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 09:30:10 PM »
I love my 21A and it's safety features.  In .22 it will make it throught the thickest Buffalo clothes in winter if need be and is also very accurate.  Besides, who wants to carry a boat anchor?  I've trusted it to deliver pizza's with in some rough neighborhoods and trust it enough to sleep w/ in my pocket, but don't advise you do this!!!

I had problems w/ other ammo until I shot CCI Minni mags and now kill woodchucks at 70ft.  CCI stingers won't jam the gun either, but you loose a lot of accuracy.  

The only thing I can pic on are the stock grips...  So I carved my own!  My friend tried them and a business was formed! :)

Contact proudlymade at yahoo dot com for details on these...  I'm an American who doesn't work for much, but will supply you with a quality product.  You will never get burnt by me.  I'm one man with a carving knife who is making a stand against Free Trade with foreign Countries where they don't have SS...  One Man and your grips will get my personal attention beginning to end.  Here are some examples, I've also got a set on gunbroker now.

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/OldFlabergeezer/custom%20beretta%2021a%20grips/21Aplumb.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/OldFlabergeezer/custom%20beretta%2021a%20grips/21APlumb4.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/OldFlabergeezer/custom%20beretta%2021a%20grips/9-1821AB.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/OldFlabergeezer/custom%20beretta%2021a%20grips/display21a3.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/OldFlabergeezer/custom%20beretta%2021a%20grips/21afauxwalnute-m.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/OldFlabergeezer/custom%20beretta%2021a%20grips/SW39grips1.jpg

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 05:58:43 AM »
Whittler, welcome to the forum.
  You make some fine looking grips. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »
Whittler.  Welcome.  You certainly do good work.  Excellent.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 01:34:16 PM »
Whittler - very nice work!

Welcome to the forum.

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck...BANG !

Never mind, moot point now.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline WhittlersMama

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys...  I was unsure if I should post that or not???  There was another company here with some awesome work being shown, but I wasn't out to take their business or make waves.

I began carving when I lost my job to the Chinese (Auto-industry).  What I could sell you here in the USA for $5 is taxed to be $35 by time it makes a customer in China.  Conversely, they pay nothing to send their stuff here!

I am machiasmort on E-bay, but they and Pay-Pal are screwing me around in favor a drop shipper of foreign junk...  I cornered the market on 21 grips briefly, until a foreign supplier complained.  I now mysteriously have frozen PP accounts...  Nobody will help me in our Governmental body with this!  Welcome to the "Global" economy.  I'm not against Free Trade, but rather Unfair Trade.

If you have a .22Lr 21A, try the minni mags!!!  There are too many reasons to like this little gun!  The shot on the Chuck whistled through both ears and I couldn't put my finger on the spot better!  The slug stuck flush in T-1-11 siding 10" behind him!  Thought I missed at first until I realized his legs buckled and had no chance.  Don't let anybody tell you there's penetration issues with .22Lr.  Woodchucks are tough, with thick skulls!  My shot didn't actually hit the ear cavity, but made it's own in front.  It wasn't a lucky shot either!!!  My 21 shoots nice with the minni's!!!

The darker grips that look tiger stripped are made from red oak (plentiful and hard), up here.  They are actually much darker than pictured.  I can do those for $35 including shipping, should anybody be interested, just let me know that you seen them here...  LOL, there is no compare to stock plastic against my finger lands!!!  I carve them flat to some degree, only for pocket comfort.  This is by-product of what happens when a maker of goods actually uses the product!  What is going on in this Country is sad!  

If anybody ever needs help carving or advice with grips, just let me know.  The Internet is a little hard to explain over, but I'll do my best!  

I appreciate the warm welcome here and thank the site owner and staff for letting me post!

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »
Whittler, I see from your profile your from my old home are.
I lived in Orchard Park for 50+ years before moving to NC about 8 years ago. Thats why the screen name of yankee the 2500 is my current house number. ;D
 Were you a Ford, Chevy or Delphi worker ?
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline WhittlersMama

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
You'd probably consider me a GM worker.  They spun a few plants off to American Axle, who latter closed.  China and Mexico got our work.

Orchard park is a nice area!  

Too bad you're not still around the corner from me and postage is involved.  I'd make you envy of the board (grip wise), just cuz!  LOL...

I've been doing some reading on the rohrbaugh... Nice little pieces, and I've never heard of them till now...

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 07:32:38 PM »
Whittler.  The 21A is still on my short list.  Your work is very impressive.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »
Yes, Whittler's work alone makes me almost want to get a 21.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:43:06 PM by Reinz »

Offline WhittlersMama

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 12:15:34 AM »
A lot of the problems that you read about the 21A online are because people don't want to spend money for good ammo or to experiment.  I swear to God that it is a totally different gun with CCI minni-mags.  Everybody wants to try the “stingers” which is a way lighter round with less room for exposure to the barrel lands and grooves, probably giving less blow back because of compression and certainly less accuracy!  Check out the picture!

I had an AR that won't shoot anything but 50gr...  It's all about barrel length/ twist and weight!  After getting it dialed in, I wouldn’t have wanted to be a target w/i 800yds!!!  At 150yds and 155gr, I was lucky to hold an 8” group!

You need to understand the 21A…  Those little black squares under the grip house the recoil springs on each side!  It’s a nifty design that gives the spring’s mechanical advantage due to the lever.  Without a hot enough load, of coarse it won’t eject and jam the gun w/o an ejector lever!

The .22 is not a 9mm but catch one in a lung and you’re having a bad day!  If I had the money to drop, I’d feel safer with a Rohrbaugh.  Funny part is that I think it’s lighter than the .22 also?

On the side of the 21A it’s got a half cock safety that other small cal pistols don’t.  When the flip up barrel is closed and the safety is in the on position, you can draw the hammer back to half cocked incase the gun is dropped, the pin isn’t resting on the hammer!

I appreciate all of the compliments here.  They are really hand carved.  I use a router and jig for the rough-outs on the backside, but the fronts are done with a sharpened box cutter!  New blades are dull!  

I’ve got a set of 21’s on Gunbroker now.  No secrets here, they cost me about $15 to make and send plus 6hrs of work…  The American dream starts at $25 LOL!  I wish this economy would pick up!  I might start making them for the Rohrbaugh soon!  

Offline WhittlersMama

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 12:24:58 AM »
Stinger is on the left and the minni-mag on the right...  You can see for yourself the difference in lead contacting the barrel!  Bet ya didn't know that ;)  I found out on accident, wondering why my 21 wouldn't shoot stingers...  

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
You're right Whittler, it's all about taking the time to experiment, test and get to know what your gun likes to eat.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:46:34 PM by Reinz »

Offline WhittlersMama

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 02:48:28 AM »
Reinz,

I'd almost bet my soul that your friend (mentioned on the previous page) was running minni-mags...  It's the only thing my 21 will shoot.  And I've tried a lot of different .22's...

I've owned 4 in that caliber and minni mags ran the best in three of them!  I used them daily when I owned land.  I'd shoot a Woodchuck a day.  Honestly, they were horrible out there.  They were stealing my insulation from under my cabin, faster than I could crawl under and replace it!

Multi-tasking was weeding my garden while waiting for geese to fly over with my Grandfather's old model 12 by my side!  Multi-tasking in a stressful environment was doing so while my rich yuppie neighbors called and made me dodge NYS DEC doing it ;D  Oh, I got some funny stories...  I was eventually caught with a pile of feathers and had a heart to heart w/ the DEC Cop...  Told him, must have been coyotes.  He flipped and said these were obviously boiled off.  My reply, “but even you guys say they are getting smarter Sir”...   He seemed willing to listen, so I invited him in and explained the position I was in.  Loss of job, I’m in the middle of nowhere (nearest store was literally a gas station) 4 miles away!  Nearest groceries 10!!!  None of the farms were hiring white people, illegal Mexicans only!  I told him WTF, these people complaining with the sliver of land should move to Park Place if they don’t like it!  He was in complete awe with what I had shown him…  What to eat, how to store it, what projects I’d have to get into next in order to survive on my own.  He marched over there and told them, one more call and it will be you guy’s that wind up in handcuffs for wasting my time.  They didn’t like that a whole lot to say the least.    

I used to have an old Colt Woodsman that liked the higher end .22 target ammo made by CCI, better than anything else...

For .22, CCI seems to be top of the line...  Any other suggestions or experiences out there?

If there’s a survival thread on here, my information is priceless to those in the North East.  Please give me a link…  If I had it my way, I’d still be living like that till the day I die, but my back won’t take it.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:01 AM »
Stinger is on the left and the minni-mag on the right...  You can see for yourself the difference in lead contacting the barrel!  Bet ya didn't know that ;)  I found out on accident, wondering why my 21 wouldn't shoot stingers...  

Your right, never paid much attention to 22s, my Ruger 10/22 and Welther P-22 both shoot anything I put in.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson