Author Topic: +p ammo---Help with explanation  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Emjimb

+p ammo---Help with explanation
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:05:54 AM »
can someone explain + p =====in general ...like my other topic on pow'rball -if only carried for no jam emergency use in 100 grain     ?-what harm would come of it ?----------I do not really understand this +p .........can someone help --harm the gun ? over time ? one time ?

Offline riffraff

• Master
Re: +p ammo---Help with explanation
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 03:59:25 AM »
Emjib,

+P is loaded to higher pressure and COULD harm your R9 with only one shot.  The R9 has a pretty "snappy" recoil anyway.  Just don't play with +P in your R9.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: +p ammo---Help with explanation
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 03:09:25 PM »
+P ammo is loaded to pressures that exceed the design specifications for the R-9.  The R-9 is Rohrbaugh's attempt at making the smallest possible delivery system for standard pressure 9mm rounds.  It was trial and error to be sure.  

If you run it at pressures exceeding the design specs, bad things can and likely will happen.  And when it does -- there is no warranty coverage.

Just don't do it -- ever.  At a minimum you will batter the heck out of the gun absorbing the momentum of the slide.  At worst.... who knows?

I am not sure 9mm +P will really do anything more for you out of the R-9's short barrel.  If you really want more noise, recoil and flash -- get a snubby .357 Magnum.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com