Author Topic: "New" R9  -  A few questions  (Read 1398 times)

Offline EMT

"New" R9  -  A few questions
« on: May 08, 2008, 07:33:07 PM »
Just picked up my "new" R9 stealth from my FFL.   :D  :D It's this one - http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Classifieds;action=display;num=1209310899   Looks BETTER in person.  Seeing a picture of an R9 does not do it justice.   A few quick questions for the experts.  Can an R9 be dry fired?  Snap caps or without?   How do you use the 2 in 1 take down tool?  Is it to hold the slide partially open while the pin is removed?    Hope to take it to a range next week.
Thanks for any help.  :)

EMT

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
Re: "New" R9  -  A few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
Yes, yes and yes....... ;)

You can dry-fire with a snap cap or not and the tapered end of the tool holds the slide open to take the pin out and then use the other end to capture the recoil-spring and cap when reassembling....

Congrats and enjoy!  8)
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 11:04:43 PM »
I concur with dawkind.  I use a snap in mine when I dry fire just to make sure I do no harm.  The 2in1 makes it easy to get that pin out.
Corey

Offline EMT

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 11:21:58 PM »
Corey,

Thanks.  The questions were actually on another thread.  When did Rohrbaugh switch away from the CF grips?  Any difference other than cosmetic?  What is the composition of the new ones?  Same questions for the slide.  Any advantage to the aluminum grips other than cosmetics?  Thanks   :)

Rick