Author Topic: OK I'm not saying I told you so  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
OK I'm not saying I told you so
« on: March 04, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
BUT, after reviewing Rohrbaugh's updated website and reading the revised specs on the R9s it made me chuckle and recall my very first post to this august forum back on Feb. 1, 2009.  BTW I was convinced by the responses that I must be mistaken.  

Here's a copy of it:

Subject:      Pistol Weight
Feb 1st, 2009, 2:55pm »

This is NOT a concern or an issue for me.  I am posting only out of curiosity.

My brand new Stealth (manufactured in November 2008 ) weighs, according to my electronic postage scale, 13.5 ounces without the magazine.

The "Technical Specifications" on the Rohrbaugh website and in the Operating Instructions that came with the pistol list the weight of the pistol sans mag at 12.8 ounces.

I was just wondering if, when the switch to a different alloy slide was made, that the new slide was seven tenths of an ounce heavier then the original.  Or, if the Stealth model would be .7 oz. heavier.  (I doubt the later)

Perhaps Rohrbaugh just has not gotten around to updating their website and Instruction booklet?

Anyway, no big deal for me. As stated above just curious.

Regards,  Quiet1
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: OK I'm not saying I told you so
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
I just weighed mine and it is 13.1 wo/ mag. not sure how much the Robar finish would add to the weight.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
Re: OK I'm not saying I told you so
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:47:43 AM »
Damned glad you did not say "told you so!".
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ