Author Topic: Barely used R9 for sale  (Read 4971 times)

Offline Killian

Barely used R9 for sale
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:43:21 PM »
Salutations all. I have a barely used R9 for sale. My father gave it to me and I love the gun unfortunately I am trying to sell it to help out my father whose business closed down on Long Island due to covid-19  I am very new to this forum and have tried to do some research on past posts to gauge what these are going for. Please make me a reasonable offer. I am active duty military and stationed in Southeast Texas for anyone who wants it local.
Best way to contact me is on my cell phone. 845-405-9363
Had trouble uploading pictures bc the file was to large sorry I’m no good with this stuff please contact me for pictures.
Thanks.
-Killian

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
Re: Barely used R9 for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 09:52:07 PM »
Thank you for your service Killian. The guys here will help you post pics and find a good home for your dad's pup. I'm sorry for his circumstances. God bless your family.

Offline Killian

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 09:21:25 AM »
Thank you thewalk for the kind words.

Offline Killian

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 05:47:26 PM »
When I say barely used I mean it. I believe my father bought it straight from the shop and it sat in his safe for the longest time until he gave it to me a few years ago which is when we both first shot it. Since then I have probably put 2 magazines through it every once in a while just to remind myself of the trigger pull but that’s it. Would love to put some pictures up if someone could enlighten me on how to do it. Thanks

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »
email them to me and I'll do it for you.

Sent you a PM with my address.

GLWS.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 11:49:13 AM »
Here you go.

(Click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:51:08 AM by MikeInTexas »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 11:50:18 AM »
And another picture of Killians pistol.

(Click to enlarge)

Offline Killian

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 12:41:50 PM »
Thanks for the help Mike

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 10:16:19 PM »
It's the least I could do.  A lot of vets on this board, and your among friends.  Thanks for your sacrifice to this nation.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 08:15:06 PM »
Hello Killian. Welcome aboard and thank you for your service to country. So sorry to hear the circumstances for the sale of the R9, we wish your father and entire family well Sir. The folks here on the forum are nothing else but absolute top-notch gentlemen and I'm sure the sale of the R9 in your possession should be a relatively easy one. Priced right R9s don't gather dust. It also looks like a very nice all original model from Deer Park, NY

Good Luck with everything!

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Killian

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 06:24:43 AM »
Thank you for your warm welcome. It is my pleasure to be an active duty member and serve. I’m sorry to part with the “pup” but every little bit helps during these strange times. I must commend you on the R9 and your continued support to the R9 community on this forum is admirable. Makes me believe that you remain proud of your creation. Take care
- Killian

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 03:07:28 PM »
Hello Killian,

Sorry it took this long to answer, I've been away and rather busy. I'm back home now and I'm catching up on reading the many different areas where I am involved, this being one of those areas. Thank you good Sir for your response. Yes, when we were in business, I felt I did not belong on any forum, that was for the enthusiasts. If any issues came up, folks would present them here and Dwayne Daiker, owner and administrator of this forum, could either answer most questions himself having close connections with Karl & I. Now that we have sold the business to Remington Arms in 2014, I felt the need to chime in here and help any owner of one of our pistols in any way I could. Yes, we are very proud of what we did with the design and that fact was imprinted on every R9 we sold. Our family name and crest was on each and everyone we manufactured. 

Best Sincere Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Killian

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 07:51:09 PM »
Family name and crest. That’s really something special. I may have found a way to help my pops through all this mess by taking him in (his health is not the best and he’s a veteran so maybe I can hook him up with the clinic around here) but this means I may keep the pup in my possession for sentimental and everyday carry and not have to sell it. I just got my concealed carry and am looking at holsters. Any experience with desantis? I saw someone recommended them on a post here for an IWB carry. Also, did the R9s only come with one mag? My pops gave me the pup with one. Any idea where to get more of these? I saw them on gunbroker for 100 clams. Is that what they are going for? I appreciate any insight for a novice R9er. Thanks
 V/R,
Killian

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 04:37:48 PM »
Hello Killian,

Good man Sir for taking care of your Father. That speaks volumes about you and how he and your Mother brought you up.

Gene Desantis made most of the holsters we offered. Really good guy, know him personally and he even rides a BMW motorcycle like me. Ref the magazine, we sold our pistol with two magazines. $100 seems to be the price today as I don’t think the aftermarket is making them due to the rarity of the sidearm.

Other than that, check in with Williams Gunsite in Michigan. They have some of our parts and have a technician on site for most repairs to your R9.

Good luck with everything and stay well.

I’m around if you need help if I can do something.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 06:59:06 PM »
Killian,
 if you decide to keep the Rohrbaugh for yourself. Personal Message me an address and I will mail you a spare magazine.
Griff
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis