Author Topic: R9, Multiple Unfamiliar Shooters  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Douglas

• Expert
R9, Multiple Unfamiliar Shooters
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:14:34 AM »
Similar to backupr9's report, I was able to get out to the range recently with some buddies and run some .22, .38spl, 9mm, .45, 5.56mm, and 12 gauge.

From the pocket, unfired for months, my R9S ran its 7 Federal 147 grain Hydra Shoks, and a six round magazine reload of the same without a hitch.

Another reload and I gave it to a guy who'd never fired one before. He is an experienced shooter.

He ran through the magazine quickly, accurately, and without drama.

We reloaded and handed the pup off to a second Rohrbaugh neophyte, another experienced guy who'd never shot a really tiny 9mm.

Same result.

25 rounds, from the load carried in the pocket forever, through freshly-loaded magazines from fresh shooters, without any hint of an issue. No ammo issues, no limp-wrist issues, nothing. Point, press, fire, eject, load, repeat. What a wonderful pistol.

I do really like the newly (to me) installed Talon grip-tape. It makes a difference. For sure.

That is all. Just for the archives.  8)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: R9, Multiple Unfamiliar Shooters
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Douglas:

Thank you for that excellent range report. Amid the flurry of comments lately related to transition problems following the sale of Rohrbaugh Firearms, it's good to read a post about performance of the extraordinary R9 itself.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"