Author Topic: 2 Bear Creek Holsters Ordered  (Read 3594 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
2 Bear Creek Holsters Ordered
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »
Yesterday, I spoke with Doug at www.bearcreekholsters.com and ordered 2 holsters from him:

Front Pocket Holster-Rohrbaugh R9--Left Handed--Mahogany--Black Shark Accent--Mahogany stitching on black shark accent--Black stitching on tab section of holster

IWB Holster-Rohrbaugh R9--Left Handed--Mahogany--black stitching--Sweat Guard--Forward Cant

I'll update this thread with photos when they arrive.  I'm guessing it will be at least 14 days out.  Doug explained to me about the drying process for the leather and why manufacturing takes the amount of time that it does. 

I got an education. 

Doug was very nice and has actually started making them even before he sent me the invoice!!  The guy is on top of it!    - and don't worry Doug, I sent payment this evening for them!

I'm looking forward to getting these bad boys in and to put them to some use.

Thanks again,
Adam

Note:  I spoke with Doug today and he is expecting to mail out the holsters tomorrow or Saturday.  I absolutely cannot believe how quickly he is making both holsters.   - Pics will follow when they arrive.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:58:05 PM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline lws380

Re: 2 Bear Creek Holsters Ordered
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 06:22:10 PM »
I had to let thor447 know the holsters will not mail until Monday.  Forgot about doctors appointment yesterday that took me away from holster making.  Here is a picture of his front pocket holster.  Left Handed, Mahogany with a black shark accent/thumb push off.  He asked to have the thread used for the shark accent to be mahogany instead of black and to use black thread around the tab portion of the holster.  I like that the mahogany thread helps accent the black shark a little better.  He had a good idea!!!

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 06:22:11 PM »
The holsters arrived today.  Bear Creek did a fantastic job.  The flash on the camera made the leather look lighter than it really is.  Pictures attached:

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
Excellent looking holster, thor!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:46:22 PM »
Nice looking holsters! :)