Author Topic: New gun...No holster!!!  (Read 7025 times)

Offline BrentS

New gun...No holster!!!
« on: May 07, 2005, 11:26:27 AM »
Hello,

I have been following this great forum and since I will now be receiving an R9s this Thursday, I have joined up.

ANYBODY!!!  Where can I get a right front pocket holster ASAP!

Thanks!
BrentS

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: New gun...No holster!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 12:58:03 PM »
Send R. J. Hedley a PM to see if he might have one already in stock.  I think he has declared a temporary moratorium on new orders in order to catch up on a backlog of work.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ob3640

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 01:01:43 PM »
Why not try the Rohrbaugh Web Site - look in the Rohrbaugh Store - lots of holsters listed - good luck

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 03:52:09 PM »
Brent - welcome - good to hear your ''pup'' is expected soon.

Kevin of K&D Holsters can also probably assist you.  I have posted pics of his work before - maybe a search will land you on a suitable thread - try a search or two.  He does also drop by here too when he can.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New gun...No holster!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 07:05:35 AM »
>>If all else fails...and maybe even if it doesn't - you might want to try the smallest DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster (http://www.desantisholster.com/n38.html)...at $16.99 you really can't go wrong.  Also...there is a fellow named Robert Mika (http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/) who makes some interesting pocket holsters - got one for my new 9mm SP 101 and I love it...!  Check it out.  If I get one for an R9 before anyone else around here I will post pics...and hope y'all will do the same.

Holsters...  Ya can't live with 'em, can't live - oh wait a minute - that's Womens I'm thinking of...sorry.

Holsters...  You can't have just one.  Hmmmmm.  Is that right...?...lol...!...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 03:58:38 PM »
Hey TW, How is that 9mm SP101 doing?   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New gun...No holster!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 05:11:39 PM »
Hey TW, How is that 9mm SP101 doing?   Tom

>>Hi Tom...

I absolutely LOVE that gun...!  I ended up swapping out a pair of CT grips on it from another SP 101, and it is even more fun...!!...and quite accurate.  This is my first Revolver where I've needed moon clips, and I like them a lot too (not the factory ones...rather the after market ones Duane showed me).

At this point I'm not sure if I am going to have it customized or not...decisions, decisions.  One of these days when I have some time on my hands I might post some pics and thoughts on it around here somewhere.  I got a really nice pocket holster for it from Robert Mika.

BTW - thanks, Tom, for your offers of help on this project...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 05:20:44 PM »
TW< You have fun with that new toy! The custom look is yelling, come here with your money young man.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 06:31:32 PM »
I think Kevin's turnaround at K&D is pretty quick for custom leather --- www.kdholsters.com.

Drop him an e-mail and see what the current wait is running.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 07:38:05 PM »
Hey TW, Thanks for the tip on the Desantis Nemises holster.
 I ordered one last night, and I just checked, and Fed-Ex will drop it off tomorrow!
 I want to get a better pocket holster down the road, but this will do just fine for now.
I did get a Defatti IWB, well that too is on order.
All good stuff.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New gun...No holster!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 09:48:46 PM »
>>Chameleon...

You are very welcome...!  I find that Desantis to work out fine for front pocket carry.  It actually works as advertised...outside material helps keep it from coming out of pocket when you draw the gun while the inside material is smoother(?)/slicker(?) and allows the gun to slide out of holster quick and easy.  The Desantis is no HEADLY, for sure...but does have it's own place in my arsenal.

I recently ordered a holster for my R9 from that guy I mentioned earlier - Robert Mika...again - just for the variety.  Ordered one for my NAA Mini Revolver as well.  I'll let you know how I like them when they arrive.  Heck - they are only $16/each so it's hard to go wrong.  I really like the one I got for my .9mm SP-101...TW<<

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 01:23:37 PM »
TW,

Which specific model of the Desantis holster did you buy to fit the Rohrbaugh?  I'm planning to purchase an R9s soon and would like to have a temporary holster before I get the gun just to make sure I have something to carry it in.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 01:24:30 PM by dfsutton »
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 01:34:01 PM »
df - welcome :) - in case I didn't say so yet!!

As an interim measure - get a #2 Uncle Mikes pocket rig ... it is quite soft and has a ''grip band'' - I find it sometimes suits me better than leather, depends on clothes and pocket size etc.

The Uncle Mikes is not overly pricey and you may well find like I do - it will always come in handy.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »
>>Hi DF, and welcome...!

I don't know the model number of the Desantis Nemesis for the R9...but if you go to their website (http://www.desantisholster.com/n38.html) and scroll down to Rohrbaugh - that will be it.

Another nice, and inexpensive pocket holster for the R9 is mage by a fellow named Robert Mika...just do a search on that name and it will take you to him.  All of his holsters are under $20...I have several and like them a lot for certain carry.  Robert made a holster for my R9 so he now has a good working template.  Tell him I sent you...!

Again, welcome to the forum and fewel free to join in, ask questions, etc...TW<<

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »
dfsutton,
         Welcome!!!
Get a holster to get you by till you can get one from an artist such as RJ on this board.. ;)

Lots of great info here on Holsters and such.. 8)

Once again-Welcome.. ;D

Brenden

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe