Author Topic: Colt Delta Elite  (Read 9037 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Colt Delta Elite
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:54:21 PM »

This pistol was just recently reintroduced by Colt. Does anyone here own an earlier one?

http://www.coltsmfg.com/products-c5-q69-COLT_PISTOLS.aspx

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Colt Delta Elite
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 08:40:22 PM »
That's a lot of firepower with nine rounds of 10mm but ammo is a little hard to come by as is brass for those that reload.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »
Yep!  I was just about to purchase the 10mm Glock, when I started looking for ammo.  Decided I didn't need that caliber.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
Smart move. ;D   ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »
It seemed like the thing to do!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:53:40 PM »
John,

Now you're behind the curve on 10mm like I was on .40; check Ammotogo; not a problem.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/10mm-hollow-point-ammo
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 11:09:00 PM by tracker »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 11:15:30 PM »
 I know you can get it but there is not much of a selection at most places and local shops don't usually have much if any.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »

Right.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 11:54:55 PM »
  I had a chance to get one of the old models on a trade a few years ago but passed on it because the ammo situation was worse then.  I really like the ballistics of the 10mm but don't really want another caliber to buy for.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 12:04:54 AM »

The one thing I liked on their web photo of the new model was the familiar slide stop scratch in full color.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 12:34:10 AM »
Yes I noticed that and can't believe they would post that picture. Thats called the Dummy Mark, when you see a 45 for sale on the forums frequently they state it has the Dummy Mark.
I do not have a Dummy Mark on either of my 45s and I have had the Gold Cup for 30 years, maybe just lucky. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
Tracker- I have two earlier Deltas in SS.  Love them.  

Had one of the first blue ones out, but when reports of cracked frames surfaced I got rid of it and waited for Colt to fix the problem.

The absolute best "feeling"  and fun 10mm pistol to shoot is the Bren 10, but being that less than 1500 were ever made they are on the pricey side. It is highly reccomended that the slides be x-rayed and magnafluxed before firing.

There just is nothing like a Bren.  Kind of like, how there is no equal to the pup.

However, Vltor is promising or rather has "been" promising and working on the resurection of an a new and improved Bren 10 for the past 3 years.  Due Date was yesterday, now rumor is Christmas/Shot Show, who knows?  The price will not be much more than a Delta; about $1200.

Ammo, Brass, other components are no big deal.  Yeah I would have to agree that maybe  readily made ammo is not totally mainstream.  You just can't walk into any and every gun outlet and pick up a box.

I have a Glock too, but no comparison (limp mode on), it's just a Glock.  only advantage is hi-cap.  
(limp mode off)

I have a Witness 10, it's OK, especially for the low price.

I also have a Smith 6" revolver that is Awesome!

Also a Smith Auto, one of their 6---- .  I can't keep up with their goofy numbering systiems on their autos.  Haven't ever shot it.   I have never got along with Smith Autos, and have just never remember to take to the range.  Probalbly because I will know that it will suck in MY hands.

Anyway -

Try a 10 you will like it.

Be sure to wear double ear protection too.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:35:52 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 12:42:29 PM »

Thanks for the good info, Reinz.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
Your welcome, sorry for the novel, I guess you tell I like tens.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 12:58:43 PM »

I did read a novel once that talked about using an HK MP10 against some terrorists. Shooting that one would really be a swift kick.