Author Topic: Recent sale on GunBroker  (Read 1857 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Recent sale on GunBroker
« on: March 25, 2021, 12:57:01 PM »
This just sold on GB. I noticed that the serial # is R5598A?
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895146973
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Recent sale on GunBroker
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 01:44:14 PM »

Replacement frame?  I'm guessing Eric will know.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Recent sale on GunBroker
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 09:41:03 PM »
LOL. . . . . No Duane, actually, we had a whoops at the shop, and the serial number engraver set up the next 48 frames for engraving and he forgot to change the serial numbers to the next set in the computer. Well, you would have loved to have been a fly on the wall that afternoon, let me tell you. I came up with the simple idea of simply adding the suffix "A" to the end of the serial number. There is yet another little tidbit of fun from the Rohrbaugh factory. Take a look at the placement of that "A" and you will notice that it is ever so slightly offset to the R**** number. Salvaged a tray of good frames that day we did!  Ha haa . . . . . . .

That was a very good buy by the way. Mid-five thousand s.n. build with all of the updates and it looks like it may have been carried, but not many rounds through the pipe.  Sweet buy there to the winning bidder.

One last thought:  I wonder why the seller would not ship to New York!?  There are plenty of R9 pistols here and they are absolutely legal to own in this state. I found that "Interesting".

Eric R.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 09:47:47 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.