Author Topic: You Tube posting "I just shot my self "  (Read 5779 times)

Offline PocketRocketLover

You Tube posting "I just shot my self "
« on: July 04, 2011, 06:51:29 PM »
Hello Fellow 21st Century Warriors , On this 4th I just wanted to share with all here my interest in a video posted to You Tube . Its titled : " I just shot myself ! Negligent Discharges Happen ! " . With footage of this YT member shooting himself in the leg with a Kimber cocked and locked 45 acp . Just another reason WHY I DON'T feel safe around others that use or carry a 1911 platform defense tools that are NOT SRT , L.E.Os or long time operators of the 1911 platform . While I feel the platform is safe in the right hands . Here we see another side to the issue . Please take a look and share your insight here or on that members comment section . Enjoy the 4th and uphold the 2nd . Thanks for reading this post .  ;D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: You Tube posting "I just shot my self &am
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
Here is a link to the video.

Looks like it hurt.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:47:43 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »
I saw an automobile wreck the other day in which the driver not only violated the rules of the road but also was not wearing a seatbelt. Seeing the accident didn't make me reluctant to drive my own automobile.

As for weapon platforms, I don't feel particularly comfortable  being in the presence of anyone with a weapon who has not been well trained in its use. Child soldiers hopped up on drugs manning roadblocks in West Africa with AK47s and machetes come to mind.

With regard to the 1911 platform, I subscribe to this comment by Colonel Jeff Cooper:

[size=10]“The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.”  — Colonel Jeff Cooper, Guns & Ammo, January 2002[/size]

And, indeed, "enjoy the 4th and uphold the 2nd."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: You Tube posting "I just shot my self &qu
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 08:17:07 PM »
+1 for Colonel Cooper.
 No gun is safe in the hands of an unsafe person.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
An unsafe person is not safe with a gun!    :)  Sorry, John; couldn't resist.    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Relic

• Sharpshooter
  • Lifetime NRA, Lifetime VFW
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »
Keep your booger hook off the bang button, kids.
The only true "safety" is the one between your ears.

Two violations of the rules here, his draw stroke is flawed in two ways.  (well, more than that, that but two safety violations)

1.) sweeping his body with the muzzle.  His wrist should be cocked outward slightly so the muzzle is pointed away.  Instead his wrist is cocked slightly inward, sweeping his hip and knee.  This could have been a fatal wound if the firearm went off just a frame or two sooner when it was aimed at his pelvis/hip.  Bleed out, from a bone hit it that area, can be very fast.

2.) That trigger didn't pull itself. His finger is obviously on the trigger too early and you can see him actuate the trigger as his other fingers tighten on the grip.

Cycling through the slow motion portion will make these errors apparent.

A violation of any one of the rules will not cause harm.  Here we have two safety rules violated and a self-inflicted gunshot is the result.  I'm glad he's OK.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:02:54 PM by Relic »
Land of the free, because of the brave.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
Excellent observations, Relic.  We all need to pay more attention  to what we do, no matter how many times we do it.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 11:10:35 PM »
Yes sir  --- a fast draw of a 'cocked and locked' 1911 45 auto.

Why not twirl Black Mambas

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 01:27:12 AM »
Yes sir  --- a fast draw of a 'cocked and locked' 1911 45 auto.

Why not twirl Black Mambas

Because it's much easier for an Idiot to buy a gun than a poisonous snake.  ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 02:38:31 PM »
on the discussion of unsafe practises , look at what these idiots did.  I thought the darwin Principle was supposed to eliminate this kind of thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 06:17:23 PM »

The ape has good observation powers and acts more civilized than the mercenaries; very funny.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »
on the discussion of unsafe practises , look at what these idiots did.  I thought the darwin Principle was supposed to eliminate this kind of thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU

Chief

A talented Chimp!    ;D

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »

Because it's much easier for an Idiot to buy a gun than a poisonous snake.  ;D ;D

Real fast draw exibibionists always have a piece of curved stainless on their holsters for this problem.