Author Topic: Golden sabers and cracks  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Golden sabers and cracks
« on: November 06, 2005, 01:03:27 PM »
While this could be a false lead -- has everyone who's had a crack fired golden sabers?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: Golden sabers and cracks
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »
I haven't fired any Remington Golden Sabers.  Just Gold Dot and Federal HydraShok.
Took a look at the specs, though.  The Golden Saber 124 grain is listed at 1,125 ft/sec vs. 1,150 ft/sec for the GDHP. (The Federal load is listed at 1,120 ft/sec.)  Knock off bout 30 ft/sec for the short barrel of the R9.

I'm sure all the 9mm standard pressure loads are safely within SAAMI specs. Of course, the muzzle velocity figures don't tell you what the pressure curves look like, and that is a big factor in forces on the slide.

Sure hope the Rohrbaugh factory gets to the bottom of this quickly.   ???  

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 07:15:03 PM »
While this could be a false lead -- has everyone who's had a crack fired golden sabers?

I think this may be on some peoples mind..I believe it is a coincidence if anything..

I tried finding some GS 124s to see if they would go bang,but the only ones I could locate around me were the +Ps..

I am sure it will be taken care of whatever the problem may be.. :)

I have a couple of pups within the "range" mentioned too.. ;)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Erich

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 09:39:02 AM »
I've had a crack and I've never fired Golden Sabers.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 03:10:01 PM »
I fired some for test purposes way back, thru my #1 pup.  No adverse effects have been seen.

My take is still a metallurgical batch problem limited to probably quite a small number of slides.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.